HNGD: 2013 SG Standard

67mike

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
My 2013 SG Standard arrived this evening.thumb.giflove.gif This is the Second SG I've bought this month!

2013SGStandard.jpg

Love it so far...the neck is just GREAT!!!! Very comfy.

Thank you Music123!!!!!!
Any experience with the SG standard that it replaces? If so, praise, comments, moans, gripes, grumbles?

I was thinking of picking one up to throw my spare BK Nailbombs into...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by satannica View Post
Any experience with the SG standard that it replaces? If so, praise, comments, moans, gripes, grumbles?

I was thinking of picking one up to throw my spare BK Nailbombs into...
I love both my 12 and 13. The neck on the 13 is nicer,

The fit and finish of the 13 is better.

I have not plugged the 13 in yet as I got home with it late in evening.

Really both are killer, and my new fav just might be the 13.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hand

View Post

Can you describe the neck? Does it feel like the '61 Reissue neck, very flat and wide? I'm not a fan of the chunky normal sized SG Standard neck, I'm hoping the new model is based on the 61 Reissue.

Is is flatter than the 12 for sure. For me, with shorter fingers, it feels perfect...Gibson got it right with this neck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by sg79 View Post
Get the $685 deal? Hooked up a few of those myself. Awesome guitars!
Got the 2013 for $684.00

I got ripped off on the 2012...paid $785 for that before the great price match fiasco of Mid December 2012.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
Got the 2013 for $684.00

I got ripped off on the 2012...paid $785 for that before the great price match fiasco of Mid December 2012.
Yeah, $684 is right. It was $1368 for 2, so I figured it was almost buy one get one free at that price. I too had the sam ash $799 and sent it back when I saw these. I figured collect em all- the 2013 is quite amazing- the neck is a dream!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Where'd you score one for $684?

I just picked up a 2013 as well and love it. The neck is much thinner than a normal SG neck.

IMG_0526.jpg
The entire inventory was sold out at MF and M123 at christmas during the price matching spree.....so many folks scored those at that price.

Nice Guitar...love the Natural Burst. Hey...are my eyes playing tricks or is your body a 2 piece? I thought they were suppose to be 1 piece......hard to tell on my black one.

Archived