Strat BODY + Tele Neck/Headstock = ??? anyone have one?

Johansolo

• Members

whilst cleaning out the shed, i found an old forgotten strat(samick) body.
my friend has a vintage modified squier tele neck hes willing to donate to ne,

im still trying to wrap my head around this abomination...

im also thinking...since i already have the other boring guitar food groups(strat,tele,PRS,LP) i should put a some random pickups the body is swimming pool route so i guess i cna just get a cheap loaded pickguard...im missing p90s...but im wondering if a set of filtertrons(GFS do a cheap set?) or gold foils?

anyone have a strat/tele abomination ? share pics please...i need inspiration.

• Members

Yeah, the Squier 51 had that combo. Not too bad... Actually I kinda dig the look.

I've never actually put a tele neck on a strat body or vice versa. The shapes of the heel and pocket are a bit different. I think you can physically put a strat neck on a tele body, but you end up with some gaps in the pocket. I think you have to do a little bit of routing to get a tele neck on a strat body.

• Members

I broke the neck off a strat in my younger days and eventually found a tele neck for sale in a music store. At the time I did not realize the shape was different and when the screw holes didn't line up I just made new ones. There was enough play in the bridge saddles to properly intonate and I used the guitar for several years before finally giving it to a friend.

It ended up looking something like this

b-gif.jpeg

Archived