Site Is Breaking Down Again, Yes?

Cobalt Blue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, last few days it's getting back to a crawl. Makes me feel more pathetic than a chronic compulsive masturbator to be wasting time here when the pace is this slow. It's like this morning I was thinking, "what's the deal(?), just about every other site I go to, I click on a link, AND it actually GOES there. confused.gif

• Members

Not kidding. The pages are taking so long to load, that I often forget and can't remember which thread I clicked on that I'm waiting to load. It's like, sometimes the system will jump ahead if you quit waiting and just click on the thread title again, but I forget where I was going. cry.gif

Not only that, but I don't think the "circular spinning loading icon" was designed for HCEG. That icon was designed just to let you know that your system is processing, but when it goes on and on and on, one is in true danger of developing epileptic seizures. eek.gif

spinning+wheel+illusion.jpg

If I'm going to continue to hang here, for my own safety I'll have to figure out how to switch back to the "hour glass loading" icon. Much safer for here. thumb.gif

"Like sands through an hour glass, so are the minutes waiting for a thread to load at HCEG" eek.gif

Edit: Just got this during this post

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

• Members

18728_569336073080529_116015217_n.jpg
downward-trend.jpg

21-12-2012: This place is steadily going to hell in a handbasket

This webpage is not available
The connection to acapella.harmony-central.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Yep, last few days it's getting back to a crawl. Makes me feel more pathetic than a chronic compulsive masturbator to be wasting time here when the pace is this slow. It's like this morning I was thinking, "what's the deal(?), just about every other site I go to, I click on a link, AND it actually GOES there. confused.gif

Your detailed knowledge regarding chronic, compulsive masturbators is disturbing. Perhaps, people reading this who've bought guitars from you are just now realizing the sticky feeling on the neck might be something other than finish. eek.gif

Archived