Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I like those too. I demoed my Electromatic 5120 thru one when I bought it. Havn't got that tone since I brought the guitar home.

I'm wanting a Tiny Terror badly.

Comment

^ I like those too. I demoed my Electromatic 5120 thru one when I bought it. Havn't got that tone since I brought the guitar home.

I'm wanting a Tiny Terror badly.

Comment

Rickenbacker 360-12. Any time you post something about one you get eight posts from people who don't like the neck, pickups, controls or something else ...

Comment

Rickenbacker 360-12. Any time you post something about one you get eight posts from people who don't like the neck, pickups, controls or something else ...

Comment

I freakin' love US built Peavey guitars. I also love Transtube SS Peavey guitar amps. Used you can buy a full on pro level rig (guitar and amp) for under $500.

My main giggling rig is a Peavey Firenza guitar and a Peavey Special 212 amp. I paid $250 for each. Both made in the USA and are top quality pieces.

Comment

I freakin' love US built Peavey guitars. I also love Transtube SS Peavey guitar amps. Used you can buy a full on pro level rig (guitar and amp) for under $500.

My main giggling rig is a Peavey Firenza guitar and a Peavey Special 212 amp. I paid $250 for each. Both made in the USA and are top quality pieces.

Comment

I'm saving for one of these. Once my guit fund gets over 2500 or so, let the hunt begin.

Live Rig:
                Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
                Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.
                Do you like Free Candy? Yeah? Then like my band!
                Had a good trade/transaction/deal? Click here to tell HCEG about it!
                Proud to be 1st Lieutenant in the SG Army Special Forces

Comment

I'm saving for one of these. Once my guit fund gets over 2500 or so, let the hunt begin.

Live Rig:
                  Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
                  Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.

Comment

I still like my Line 6 Spider II 212 amp.

"old" school modelling ftw.
                    LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I still like my Line 6 Spider II 212 amp.

"old" school modelling ftw.
                      LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Hipshot tuners and bridges are another unpopular product I'm a big fan of. I've got 2 strats loaded with their us contour tremolo and 4 guitars with GLO locking tuners.

Comment

Hipshot tuners and bridges are another unpopular product I'm a big fan of. I've got 2 strats loaded with their us contour tremolo and 4 guitars with GLO locking tuners.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sbeirnes
                            View Post

It blows my mind how under appreciated the Peavey stuff is. I was recently gifted a couple cheap basses and with it, a Peavey practice amp. Tiny little old bass amp. Turned out to have a killer old school bass tone (think 70's southern rock) that was super easy to record. I was going to pass it on to the first person I found starting to learn bass, but I think it will stick around for the recording stuff I do.

Not a SS (though I have experience with some, and they are killer too), my 89-91 Classic 50 410 is such a good workhorse amp. I got it a year or so ago, and recently had it gone over and retubed. The thing is just killer. I'd have to spend a lot of money to get an amp as good or versatile as it. As big as it is, it is relatively light too, so that's a bonus. It is significantly lighter than my bud's Fender Deville 410.

That same friend has a Peavey T60 that I have done some setup and repair work on. What a monster player.
                            Live Rig:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sbeirnes
                              View Post

It blows my mind how under appreciated the Peavey stuff is. I was recently gifted a couple cheap basses and with it, a Peavey practice amp. Tiny little old bass amp. Turned out to have a killer old school bass tone (think 70's southern rock) that was super easy to record. I was going to pass it on to the first person I found starting to learn bass, but I think it will stick around for the recording stuff I do.

Not a SS (though I have experience with some, and they are killer too), my 89-91 Classic 50 410 is such a good workhorse amp. I got it a year or so ago, and recently had it gone over and retubed. The thing is just killer. I'd have to spend a lot of money to get an amp as good or versatile as it. As big as it is, it is relatively light too, so that's a bonus. It is significantly lighter than my bud's Fender Deville 410.

That same friend has a Peavey T60 that I have done some setup and repair work on. What a monster player.
                              Live Rig:

Comment

Anything that Peavey made in Mississippi. The old powered mixers and SP1 ans SP2s, the amps, throw um off a train and they'll still work perfectly.

TXXs, a deadlier club tha Keefs Tele. Same for the basses, and they sound great.

If you ever had any of that stuff and got rid of it you were foolish.

Comment

Working...
                                X