Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes on the Johnson guitars, as well as Austin. Really solid guitars for dirt cheap.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.<br><br><br><br>WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS<br><br><br><br>&quot;most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;people overthink ****************&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;If it sounds good to you then it sounds good&quot;</div><br>The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

Yes on the Johnson guitars, as well as Austin. Really solid guitars for dirt cheap.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.<br><br><br><br>WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS<br><br><br><br>&quot;most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;people overthink ****************&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.&quot;<br><br><br><br>&quot;If it sounds good to you then it sounds good&quot;</div><br>The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

Fender Bullet strings. Everyone seems to think they're overpriced but I like them.
        Guitars:
        -Fender Wayne's World 2 Stratocaster w/Fat '50s pickups
        -Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH
        Amps:
        -Fender Champion 110 w/Lil' Buddy
        -Fender Princeton 112 Plus w/Red White and Blues
        -Crate Palomino V8
        Effects:
        -Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
        -Pro Co You Dirty Rat Distortion
        -MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

Fender Bullet strings. Everyone seems to think they're overpriced but I like them.
          Guitars:
          -Fender Wayne's World 2 Stratocaster w/Fat '50s pickups
          -Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH
          Amps:
          -Fender Champion 110 w/Lil' Buddy
          -Fender Princeton 112 Plus w/Red White and Blues
          -Crate Palomino V8
          Effects:
          -Way Huge Swollen Pickle Jumbo Fuzz
          -Pro Co You Dirty Rat Distortion
          -MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

I have an old '85 (I think) Hondo Revival in candy apple red. It is awesome. These came factory with a set neck, Grover machinheads, a Kahler locking tremolo, rosewood fretboard, and some pretty hot pickups. Mine had EMGs put in it back in '91 or so, but it is still one of my favorite guitars to play. I swear it sounds better the older it gets.

Comment

I have an old '85 (I think) Hondo Revival in candy apple red. It is awesome. These came factory with a set neck, Grover machinheads, a Kahler locking tremolo, rosewood fretboard, and some pretty hot pickups. Mine had EMGs put in it back in '91 or so, but it is still one of my favorite guitars to play. I swear it sounds better the older it gets.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJE3VVIhgY
                Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJE3VVIhgY
                  Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Lover
                    View Post

Vigier guitars. Best guitars. Best and most exacting necks - really impressive!

Vigier guitars are only unpopular because they are European, rare and very expensive! Brilliant instruments though - on a par with Suhr, Fender custom shop etc.

Green guitars are sweet... especially 1977 Musicman Stingray bass guitars...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Lover
                      View Post

Vigier guitars. Best guitars. Best and most exacting necks - really impressive!

Vigier guitars are only unpopular because they are European, rare and very expensive! Brilliant instruments though - on a par with Suhr, Fender custom shop etc.

Green guitars are sweet... especially 1977 Musicman Stingray bass guitars...

Comment

Everyday pedals.

My plain old Cry Baby Wah, perfect for me.

Dano Daddy O: Had this pedal for years very versatile OD, good for an almost clean boost to heavy fuzz.

Dyna Comp: Just a little works wonders on my tele for certain things, useless to me otherwise, can't justify a boutique compressor for what I use it for.

My old Carvin DC100. Best made set neck guitar I've ever owned, and I've owned some pretty nice Gibsons. All hard rock maple, original M22 humbuckers, the whole thing is original. I've never even had to tweak the truss rod in 30 yrs. People rag on the pickups, claim the guitar is too bright, blah, blah. Yes is a bright guitar, can almost sound like a Tele clean on the back pickup, but put it on the front pickup and 100% tone and its dark enough to think it was a jazz box if you closed your eyes.

Old Peavey Amps: Still got my early 70s Artist 240. A compact little heavyweight that will blow your doors off with a 12" Black Widow, 4 6L6 output tubes, 2 solid state preamps with good eq that you can switch or run in series. And it fits in the backseat of the smallest car.

Oh, an banjos. I love banjos!

Comment

Everyday pedals.

My plain old Cry Baby Wah, perfect for me.

Dano Daddy O: Had this pedal for years very versatile OD, good for an almost clean boost to heavy fuzz.

Dyna Comp: Just a little works wonders on my tele for certain things, useless to me otherwise, can't justify a boutique compressor for what I use it for.

My old Carvin DC100. Best made set neck guitar I've ever owned, and I've owned some pretty nice Gibsons. All hard rock maple, original M22 humbuckers, the whole thing is original. I've never even had to tweak the truss rod in 30 yrs. People rag on the pickups, claim the guitar is too bright, blah, blah. Yes is a bright guitar, can almost sound like a Tele clean on the back pickup, but put it on the front pickup and 100% tone and its dark enough to think it was a jazz box if you closed your eyes.

Old Peavey Amps: Still got my early 70s Artist 240. A compact little heavyweight that will blow your doors off with a 12" Black Widow, 4 6L6 output tubes, 2 solid state preamps with good eq that you can switch or run in series. And it fits in the backseat of the smallest car.

Oh, an banjos. I love banjos!

Comment

I love greenburst and transparent green guitars. As for amps....
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                            -For Sale: <br />
                            -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                            -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                            - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                            - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                            - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

I love greenburst and transparent green guitars. As for amps....
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                              -For Sale: <br />
                              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

I like my Orange Crush PiX CR35LDX real well.

But no one other than me ever seems to talk about them here. I got mine for a mere $164 shipped from HM (reg MAP is $249) .

Paul here demos it, but screws up when he says 12" speaker. It's a 10" but sounds fairly big for a 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgQKFYeWlp8
                                A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                                HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                                Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                                I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X