Last resort plea for help

Bullettoothtony

• Members

As some of you know from the 'Help a veteran' thread, I was badly injured in Iraq in 03. Due to those injuries I cannot work and recently the government here stopped my disability benefits (their bright idea for recession fighting tactics I guess). I have been busking (mainly with a beater ukulele) to try to keep food in the cupboards etc I'm appealing and have a lawyer who says I will win. The thing is, I have bills due which I simply cannot pay. One is an internet and phone bill and without the internet, not only am I totally isolated but the skype call I have with my daughter on xmas day wont happen. I have battled with myself on whether to post this or not but I don't see a choice. My plea to anyone who can is for donations, however small. My e-mail linked to paypal is paulmay7777@yahoo.co.uk
Anyone who can help in any way would be doing a massive thing for me and I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.

• Members

All I have to offer is gear.

My whole family pretty much have served. I couldn't due to a disability.

For the internet thing - invest in a smartphone and a month-by-month plan. Smartphones can use wifi at coffee shops and mcdonalds' etc... too. You can get skype for them. I can send you an old Blackberry at some point if you want.

Phone internet is pretty fast these days, this way you can bundle your phone AND internet bill for about $40.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx

View Post

All I have to offer is gear.

My whole family pretty much have served. I couldn't due to a disability.

For the internet thing - invest in a smartphone and a month-by-month plan. Smartphones can use wifi at coffee shops and mcdonalds' etc... too. You can get skype for them. I can send you an old Blackberry at some point if you want.

Phone internet is pretty fast these days, this way you can bundle your phone AND internet bill for about $40.

Thanks man, its kinda what I've been doing with home phone and broadband. I'm sort of hooked into the contract now. It will be cool once I clear the debts I have now which I'm on the way to doing with everyones help. Really appreciate the advice and the offer, that would be cool man, thank you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by caveman

View Post

We give to Wounded Warriors every month, is there any way you could hook up with them?

The OP's in the UK...I would guess there's an equivalent over there. And ALL politics aside, I can't understand how any country can cut or deny veteran's benefits...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

The OP's in the UK...I would guess there's an equivalent over there. And ALL politics aside, I can't understand how any country can cut or deny veteran's benefits...

Its hard to fathom isn't it? I know of a case where a girl undergoing chemo had hers stopped. My broken and elitist governments idea to overcome the recession...

Archived