Just take a look at the features:
- ebony fretboard
- ash (?) body with flame maple top
- binding on body & neck
- Wilkinson USA bridge
- birdseye maple neck
- alnico (I think. GREAT sounding nevertheless) pickups
- Grover tuners

All this and I don't think they sell for more than 200 on the used market. That's just criminal.

• Members

Yeah, I have the one that's a step down from that one. Paint rather than the figured top and a standard trem. It's actually my least favorite guitar overall but man... I just LOVE the neck. I have three strats with Robert Cray sig necks and they are my favorites but that Samick neck is right up there.

I refinished mine, put in a trem with a full size block, a set of Fralin Vintage Hot pickups and new pots.

Though I do think my PAC604 is a better guitar overall and I'd put the older Korean Ibanez AX120 and 125s and the set neck Washburn Idols in that same general value range on the used market.

DSC_8931a1.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I have the one that's a step down from that one. Paint rather than the figured top and a standard trem. It's actually my least favorite guitar overall but man... I just LOVE the neck. I have three strats with Robert Cray sig necks and they are my favorites but that Samick neck is right up there.

I refinished mine, put in a trem with a full size block, a set of Fralin Vintage Hot pickups and new pots.

Though I do think my PAC604 is a better guitar overall and I'd put the older Korean Ibanez AX120 and 125s and the set neck Washburn Idols in that same general value range on the used market.

DSC_8931a1.jpg

• Members

Not generalizing (no doubt your guitar is deserving of your praise) but I've seen a few Samick instruments that were bigger on cosmetic than actual quality. My Samick mandolin is a beautiful piece of crap that sounds and plays aweful but is very pretty. I'm thinking of having it refretted so it plays at least better.

MandolinmrsullyBT.jpg

• Members

Not generalizing (no doubt your guitar is deserving of your praise) but I've seen a few Samick instruments that were bigger on cosmetic than actual quality. My Samick mandolin is a beautiful piece of crap that sounds and plays aweful but is very pretty. I'm thinking of having it refretted so it plays at least better.

MandolinmrsullyBT.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum View Post
I've never seen that particular Samick, but every vaguely high spec Samick I see these days is in excess of 400GBP
Where I am, I rarely ever see any above $150, let alone $200. Of course, you have a few jokers who want $500 for a "rare and vintage" Samick. Then again, I haven't seen another one like miine for sale. Did Samick have a large presence in the UK market?

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post

MandolinmrsullyBT.jpg
I've always avoided Samick too because that was the general thought. I used to have a craptastic Samick classical. But I saw that this was a Valley Arts, so I took a chance. Paid off big time, Good thing too, because I haven't seen another one for sale in years.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dmc69 View Post
DSC01461-Copy_zpsdc185362.jpg
DSC01459_zps05d67905.jpg
DSC01463_zps9ee826b0.jpg
DSC01462_zps57c84c1f.jpg

Just take a look at the features:
- ebony fretboard
- ash (?) body with flame maple top
- binding on body & neck
- Wilkinson USA bridge
- birdseye maple neck
- alnico (I think. GREAT sounding nevertheless) pickups
- Grover tuners

All this and I don't think they sell for more than 200 on the used market. That's just criminal.
That is a gorgeous looking guitar. If you ever want $200 for THAT let me knowwave.gif

Archived