Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Johnson Loredo 15R - better tube ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Loredo 15R - better tube ?

Hi everyone !

I have a stock Johnson Loredo 15R. It sounds alright, but a bit too midrangy and can't get cranked much because it gets really loud with gain and volume at 2 or 3.

I once read that changing the stock tube can address these issues but I can't find the link anymore. Do you know what I should order to make it warmer and slightly quieter ?

Thanks a lot, have a great day

Manny
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

you could to stick a 12at7 or 12au7 in V1 in the preamp.

These valves have lower gain, so it will change the point at which you reach a certain volume.

It works in some applications and some amps, but in most cases, you're better off how the amp was conceived. 15w valve amp is loud, that's the bottom line.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Ant the Les Paul Lover!</div>

Comment

Great. Thanks a lot. I'll give them a try and order some off the bay. Any brands you'd recommend? (I'm a complete newbie to tube swapping.)
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
      <br />
      &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Comment

Try JJ - generally pretty good. Also Tesla and ElectroHarmonix.
        http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

You may not want to limit your tube swap to V1 - if you replace the other 12AX7 with an AT or even an AU you will get different and possibly quite favorable results as well

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Working...
          X