Has PRS Shot Themselves In The Foot With Their SE Line?

Bbreaker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see how. USA PRS guitars are well out of the budget of most guitarists, and making a solid budget line only earns the company more money, fans, and recognition. I have an SE, which I like very much, and it makes me more interested in a USA PRS than I ever was before.

• Members

I don't see how. USA PRS guitars are well out of the budget of most guitarists, and making a solid budget line only earns the company more money, fans, and recognition. I have an SE, which I like very much, and it makes me more interested in a USA PRS than I ever was before.

• Members

Meh, SE's are alright. Obviously my SE doesn't hold a candle to my USA PRS, which now means that every time I pick one up, I think to myself 'huh...this is cute...'

IMO, for the price, there's lots of other great stuff out there.

• Members

Meh, SE's are alright. Obviously my SE doesn't hold a candle to my USA PRS, which now means that every time I pick one up, I think to myself 'huh...this is cute...'

IMO, for the price, there's lots of other great stuff out there.

• Members

Hell no, Lou!

Not only does the SE line provide them with a steady source of huge profits, it also introduces players to the brand. They've undoubtedly sold many more of their MIA guitars thanks to players hooked on the cheap versions wanting to upgrade to a "real" PRS at some point.

It doesn't hurt that the SE line matches or surpasses Squier and Epiphone in almost every way. And as an added bonus, I think they help keep the brand relavent(artist sig models, for instance).

• Members

Hell no, Lou!

Not only does the SE line provide them with a steady source of huge profits, it also introduces players to the brand. They've undoubtedly sold many more of their MIA guitars thanks to players hooked on the cheap versions wanting to upgrade to a "real" PRS at some point.

It doesn't hurt that the SE line matches or surpasses Squier and Epiphone in almost every way. And as an added bonus, I think they help keep the brand relavent(artist sig models, for instance).

• Members

Hell no, Lou!

It doesn't hurt that the SE line matches or surpasses Squier and Epiphone in almost every way. And as an added bonus, I think they help keep the brand relevant(artist sig models, for instance).

• Members

Hell no, Lou!

It doesn't hurt that the SE line matches or surpasses Squier and Epiphone in almost every way. And as an added bonus, I think they help keep the brand relevant(artist sig models, for instance).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
The SE s are very surprisingly good guitars.

My 245 hangs with anything I got in terms of QA. The pickups might be a little less than perfect, but they are better than epi or squire by a big margin, IMHO.
The SE's in my opnion are in the same range with the Squire CV's.

• Members

My 245 hangs with anything I got in terms of QA. The pickups might be a little less than perfect, but they are better than epi or squire by a big margin, IMHO.

• Members

• Members

Archived