Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has PRS Shot Themselves In The Foot With Their SE Line?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has PRS Shot Themselves In The Foot With Their SE Line?

Competing against themselves
    i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

No.
    This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

No.
      This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Probably no more than Gibson/Epiphone or Fender MIA/Fender MIM/Fender-Squier Asian.

Comment

Probably no more than Gibson/Epiphone or Fender MIA/Fender MIM/Fender-Squier Asian.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf
            View Post

Like Brian Moore's i series vs. BM American Custom guitars?
            i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf
              View Post

Like Brian Moore's i series vs. BM American Custom guitars?

Comment

I don't see how. USA PRS guitars are well out of the budget of most guitarists, and making a solid budget line only earns the company more money, fans, and recognition. I have an SE, which I like very much, and it makes me more interested in a USA PRS than I ever was before.
                Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I don't see how. USA PRS guitars are well out of the budget of most guitarists, and making a solid budget line only earns the company more money, fans, and recognition. I have an SE, which I like very much, and it makes me more interested in a USA PRS than I ever was before.
                  Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

nope.

and Brian Moore never sold half as many guitars as PRS did.
                    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

nope.

and Brian Moore never sold half as many guitars as PRS did.
                      The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Meh, SE's are alright. Obviously my SE doesn't hold a candle to my USA PRS, which now means that every time I pick one up, I think to myself 'huh...this is cute...'

IMO, for the price, there's lots of other great stuff out there.
                        PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
                        Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
                        PRS SE One
                        --
                        EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
                        Blackstar HT-5

Comment

Meh, SE's are alright. Obviously my SE doesn't hold a candle to my USA PRS, which now means that every time I pick one up, I think to myself 'huh...this is cute...'

IMO, for the price, there's lots of other great stuff out there.
                          PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
                          Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
                          PRS SE One
                          --
                          EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
                          Blackstar HT-5

Comment

The SE s are very surprisingly good guitars.

My 245 hangs with anything I got in terms of QA. The pickups might be a little less than perfect, but they are better than epi or squire by a big margin, IMHO.
                            Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                            Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

The SE s are very surprisingly good guitars.

My 245 hangs with anything I got in terms of QA. The pickups might be a little less than perfect, but they are better than epi or squire by a big margin, IMHO.
                              Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                              Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Working...
                              X