I'm done with musiciansfriend and guitar center until this website is fixed

Tidal Rhythm

• Members

I've purchased a lot of stuff from them over the years - cables, amps, pedals, but I'm done. I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit, I just feel like I'm part of the problem when I hand money to a mega-corporation that clearly doesn't care about addressing issues negatively impacting a core subgroup of it's target market. There are a lot of other options out there in the market place and I've purchased a lot of stuff from their competitors, as well. (BTW, if anyone from Sweetwater is reading this, it might just be time for your company to consider starting up a musician message board.) wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Yeah it sucks when a free service you've grown to take for granted doesn't work and is all the justification you need to take your business elsewhere. Maybe to one of those other competitor's free forums idea.gif

Regularly visiting a free site in no way obligates me to make purchases from it's parent company. Also, I've never suggested I'm leaving the message boards, instead I'm simply not giving my money to the corporation who acquired HC and then let it fall into it's current state. As I said, I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Yeah it sucks when a free service you've grown to take for granted doesn't work and is all the justification you need to take your business elsewhere. Maybe to one of those other competitor's free forums idea.gif

Regularly visiting a free site in no way obligates me to make purchases from it's parent company. Also, I've never suggested I'm leaving the message boards, instead I'm simply not giving my money to the corporation who acquired HC and then let it fall into it's current state. As I said, I'm not suggesting anyone else follows suit.

• Members

This is probably the largest musicians forum database on the Internet, so it's become more and more difficult for the database servers to serve up data in a timely manner. I know they have been trying to keep from losing any valuable forum archives, but at this rate I think they need to split them off into a subdomain such as archives.acapella.haromony-central.com.

I am sure they are working on it.

thumb.gif

• Members

This is probably the largest musicians forum database on the Internet, so it's become more and more difficult for the database servers to serve up data in a timely manner. I know they have been trying to keep from losing any valuable forum archives, but at this rate I think they need to split them off into a subdomain such as archives.acapella.haromony-central.com.

I am sure they are working on it.

thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

I think this threat may have actually prompted them to fix it!

Yep, they fixed it real good.

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

I think this threat may have actually prompted them to fix it!

Yep, they fixed it real good.

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Archived