IT'S TIME FOR THE NEW PLATFORM!!! comments

Verne Andru

• Members

So Mr. Anderton has announced they're moving to a new platform yet again. IMHO the biggest issues with the last time this was tried wasn't so much the fact it didn't function, but many users didn't like the user-interface. So what are we getting this time around?

And I must admit to a bit of confusion - it appears many, many other people are able to keep vbulletin forums running without issue. Why can't the people running HC do the same?

What do you all think?

• Members

I have never seen a more difficult forum as this to use. There is no way this Vbulletin site should crash so often. What makes anyone have any confidence that a new one willbe run any better. And here we go again losing search functions etc... Still pissed about the lost reviews that made HC thee goto site for gear reviews.

• Members

I have never seen a more difficult forum as this to use. There is no way this Vbulletin site should crash so often. What makes anyone have any confidence that a new one willbe run any better. And here we go again losing search functions etc... Still pissed about the lost reviews that made HC thee goto site for gear reviews.

• Members

No matter what, I doubt this forum will ever be the same.

It used to be that the only time this forum dragged was on a Friday night - as it then should.

GAS seems more passe', redundancy seems more redundant, a cast of characters have been chased away through one means or another, and not since the fire of the library of Alexandria has a greater wealth of info been burned as with the loss of HC User Reviews.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAZ_pUqRCCI6SDOYtPxa2

• Members

Problems aside, I'd like to see a radically updated look with cool options like mouseover users name which could pull up thumbnail views of uploaded pics of their guits that reside in a cool HC library that you can page flip through, much like the album covers in iTunes,etc....ten times more smilies, hi def even biggrin.gif.....an internal search as good as googles with results listed chronologically, a jam forum with downloadable MIDI and audio tracks and beats, a rightclick-username-to-realtime chat option..multi-person even, include option to include soundcloud graphic clip in signature, a 'deal of the day' html thingy that flashes in a box , the greatest deal posted that day by calculating greatest difference between the posted sale price and the normal price, with a thumbnail pic and link biggrin.gif, yes I'm thinking big here... . All that is problems aside as I said hah.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru

View Post

I don't think you people quite remember HC2.0 if you're saying anything is better than this.

Me wonders how much of the current issues are the result of neglect because "they" want to foist another "improved" forum on this community.

2.0 wasn't any worse than the last week or so.

• Members

As far as tightened budgets, reading between the lines I'd be inclined to say monies are still there, they've just been diverted to a "new" system and not maintaining the current one.

As far as keeping the site KISS, the administrators seem bent on "moving to the next level" - whatever that entails. That means, based on HC2.0, exactly the opposite of KISS. User interface design has not been demonstrated as a strong-suit among HC administrators.

What I would like to suggest to anyone who is listening is, if you really want to come up with a web-experience that's truly "next level," then implement it as a "phased-changeover." That means MAINTAINING both sites for a transitional period of 6 months minimum. If the new site is stable and something the user community wants, then we will move over with little coaxing. If not, kill it and leave us to talking about music, which is what I come here for.

HC traffic plummeted during the last attempt at this and the community has suffered greatly IMHO. Doing it wrong yet again may just spell the demise of what was once a special oasis in the vastness of cyberspace.

Archived