Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Amazon Schecter Corsair with Bigsby Gloss Walnut...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEEDS PICs

A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Went ahead and ordered some Dimarzio EJ Custom pickups with nickel covers. I'm not normally a big fan of Dimarzios, but after some research these seem to fit the bill nicely as far as sound, appearance, fit, price, etc. Another forum member mentioned that these pickups worked nicely in their Corsair.

After closely measuring, it appears the stock bridge pickup is Duncan trem-spaced (52.6mm) & the neck is standard Duncan spacing (49mm). For the Dimarzios, I opted for an f-spaced bridge (51mm) & standard neck (48mm). Seems those will fit nicely.

I bought them from Guitar Center online. They currently have $15 off a $75 purchase. The nickel covered versions like I bought are $79.95 each. I did two separate orders to get the coupon applied to each pickup, so they ended up $64.95 each. About 20% off. Not bad. Plus, MrRebates has 6% for Guitar Center.

Comment

Went ahead and ordered some Dimarzio EJ Custom pickups with nickel covers. I'm not normally a big fan of Dimarzios, but after some research these seem to fit the bill nicely as far as sound, appearance, fit, price, etc. Another forum member mentioned that these pickups worked nicely in their Corsair.

After closely measuring, it appears the stock bridge pickup is Duncan trem-spaced (52.6mm) & the neck is standard Duncan spacing (49mm). For the Dimarzios, I opted for an f-spaced bridge (51mm) & standard neck (48mm). Seems those will fit nicely.

I bought them from Guitar Center online. They currently have $15 off a $75 purchase. The nickel covered versions like I bought are $79.95 each. I did two separate orders to get the coupon applied to each pickup, so they ended up $64.95 each. About 20% off. Not bad. Plus, MrRebates has 6% for Guitar Center.

Comment

No pics until post #18 in a NGD thread = fail.

Nice guitar though.
          gibson SG - treble boost - fuzz x2 - marshall JMP - 4x12/2x15

Comment

No pics until post #18 in a NGD thread = fail.

Nice guitar though.
            gibson SG - treble boost - fuzz x2 - marshall JMP - 4x12/2x15

Comment

Wait, did I miss a big sale on these?

If so, how much were they going for?
              I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                  is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                  go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                  I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                  A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                    is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                    go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                    I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                    A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                      View Post

They were at $442 for awhile on Amazon. Then late one night there was an additional 15% off for maybe an hour or so. I bought during that time and got this one for $375.

Comment

View Post

They were at $442 for awhile on Amazon. Then late one night there was an additional 15% off for maybe an hour or so. I bought during that time and got this one for $375.

Comment

View Post

I've got a $390.73 PM for a Walnut Bigbsy that's still good. They are out of stock, but might be worth the wait.

I have another for $453.29 for a Gloss Black w/ Bigsby

Comment

View Post

I've got a $390.73 PM for a Walnut Bigbsy that's still good. They are out of stock, but might be worth the wait.

I have another for $453.29 for a Gloss Black w/ Bigsby

Comment

Your avatar says you live in Indiana - the intonation issues may be related to the guitar's exposure to lots of cold during shipping. Saddle adjustments aren't a huge deal, but I'd let that neck settle before making truss rod adjustments.
                              https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Your avatar says you live in Indiana - the intonation issues may be related to the guitar's exposure to lots of cold during shipping. Saddle adjustments aren't a huge deal, but I'd let that neck settle before making truss rod adjustments.
                                https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Working...
                                X