Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Amazon Schecter Corsair with Bigsby Gloss Walnut...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by jamdogg
    View Post

my son has one of those.

Your son has a Corsair?
    Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jamdogg
      View Post

my son has one of those.

Your son has a Corsair?
      Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I guess after looking the guitar over closer and comparing it to some of my guitars with rosewoods fretboards, it is darker and the grain is tighter. And it does look the same as depicted on the Schecter site.

I still don't have hardly any playing time on the guitar, so I'll spend more time with it before going on a full blown pickup hunt. But right now, I'd think about something PAF based from Duncan or possibly Filtertrons. Somebody in another thread mentioned Dimarzio EJ Customs. I'd never even heard of them before, but I checked out the description and they sound like a possibility.

Anybody else have handwritten post-it notes and other handwritten notes with their Amazon purchased Corsair?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I guess after looking the guitar over closer and comparing it to some of my guitars with rosewoods fretboards, it is darker and the grain is tighter. And it does look the same as depicted on the Schecter site.

I still don't have hardly any playing time on the guitar, so I'll spend more time with it before going on a full blown pickup hunt. But right now, I'd think about something PAF based from Duncan or possibly Filtertrons. Somebody in another thread mentioned Dimarzio EJ Customs. I'd never even heard of them before, but I checked out the description and they sound like a possibility.

Anybody else have handwritten post-it notes and other handwritten notes with their Amazon purchased Corsair?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chad
            View Post

There was a half-eaten cup o' noodles in my Pete Dee box...along with a subway wrapper, a Swisher Sweet and something that looked like poi...I assumed they were the case candy and I still have them...

Comment

View Post

There was a half-eaten cup o' noodles in my Pete Dee box...along with a subway wrapper, a Swisher Sweet and something that looked like poi...I assumed they were the case candy and I still have them...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                View Post

ha! I noticed Amazon is down to just one Pete Dee remaining in stock. Somebody has been buying those things lately. From the sounds of it, they may end up bummed out.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                  View Post

ha! I noticed Amazon is down to just one Pete Dee remaining in stock. Somebody has been buying those things lately. From the sounds of it, they may end up bummed out.

Comment

More info:

--Intonation was way off. Every saddle needed to be moved a good amount towards the neck.

--Bridge pickup measures 8.7. Neck pickup measures 7.6. This was measured at the output jack with all pots set to "10". I know it's best to measure the pickups completely out of the circuit, but this gets close.

--Factory installed strings are 10-46 gauge.

--Nut height seems rather high. Probably gonna bring the slots down some.

Comment

More info:

--Intonation was way off. Every saddle needed to be moved a good amount towards the neck.

--Bridge pickup measures 8.7. Neck pickup measures 7.6. This was measured at the output jack with all pots set to "10". I know it's best to measure the pickups completely out of the circuit, but this gets close.

Comment

View Post

Thank goodness...I'm waiting til they're sold out and off the market before I think about unloading it. In any case, it does have some cool features, I just couldn't bond with the p'ups and the feel.

Comment

View Post

Thank goodness...I'm waiting til they're sold out and off the market before I think about unloading it. In any case, it does have some cool features, I just couldn't bond with the p'ups and the feel.

Comment

View Post

More info:

There wasn't enough neck relief on mine

Comment

View Post

More info:

There wasn't enough neck relief on mine

Comment

NEEDS PICs

A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                                HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                                Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                                I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X