No announcement yet.

Is this really a Jazzmaster?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a Jazzmaster?

or is it just another dual humbucker maple cap Les Paul descendent?
    the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes

Well, I'm assuming it's bolt-neck and 25.5" scale so I wouldn't call it an LP Descendent. I'm going to go with it's a guitar.

Comment

What does Fender call it? If it calls it a Jazzmaster, that's what it is.
      No sig.

Comment

Do you think it's a Jazzmaster?

Does it feel like a Jazzmaster?

Do you want it to be a Jazzmaster?

(but actually, no, I think it's a marketing gimmick )

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus
          View Post

What does Fender call it? If it calls it a Jazzmaster, that's what it is.

No.

Fender could buy a herd of Holsteins, and call each one a "Jazzmaster," and sell each bovine animal as such.

Wouldn't make them guitars.

Vis-a-vis Jazzmasters, that thing in the OP is a cow of a different color.

Just sayin.
          Visit Crash Pad at:
          http://CrashPadBand.com
          CONSUME!:
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
          Gear List/Pics:
          https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Here's a line I found funny from the Select Thinline Telecaster page:

"The Fender Select Telecaster

Comment

It's a bastardized Jazzmaster maybe. DO NOT WANT!

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
              Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

It's a bastardized Jazzmaster maybe. DO NOT WANT!

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Eh, I am ok with HH and even flames, I guess, but I think the Jazzmaster should at least have one of its defining features - like the rhythm circuit, vibrato, or pickguard shape. Then again, I'm not Fender.
                  Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

According to Fender: yes, it is.

According to me: no, it isn't.

Comment

Guitars = Chick Magnet
                      Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
                      You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
                      Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

When I first saw these, I wondered if they would sell well at all. I wouldn't have high hopes. I'm betting that those that want one should just wait a year or so for the inevitable blowout sale.
                        Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I wouldn't call it a Jazzmaster, but I'd be tempted to get one for the neck. Ditch the rest and make a cool partscaster. I love the look of that style of Fender necks. After playing one of the MIM Cabronitas and being floored and disgusted at the same time, I've been really considering a parts build.

Edit:

I figure this would be in the Blacktop or Pawn Shop series. F that buy for the neck bit. Yikes.
                          Live Rig:
                          Gretsch Tenny and Gibson SG Classic -> Some neat effects -> Peavey Classic 50 410 and/or Marshall JTM60 310
                          Need an exceptionally cheap sound guy in the general Western Pennsylvania area? PM Me.
                          Do you like Free Candy? Yeah? Then like my band!
                          Had a good trade/transaction/deal? Click here to tell HCEG about it!
                          Proud to be 1st Lieutenant in the SG Army Special Forces

Comment

• Tall
                            Tall commented
                            Editing a comment

If it sounds thin,metallic and chimey than yes it probably is.

Working...
                        X