Your #1 Guitar......LET'S SEE IT !

bernardo gui

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right now, it's my SX Strat, it's very stratty, IE: very clangy and reverb-y. Plus, it taps the best out of all of my guitars. Has anyone noticed that some guitars "tap" better than others? On this guitar, taps really ring out. I'm very much into tapping now, so that's why it's my Numero Uno right now.

aav5J5Vo aazj5IIu
Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

• Members

My Strat, of course. wink.gif

It started life as a 1998 American Deluxe. It now has a Warmoth SRV neck (by me), Kinman Woodstock pickups (from the previous owner) and a mini-switch to bring in the neck or bridge pickup so I have 7 pickup combinations.

IMG_0384.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by humbuckerstrat View Post
Right now, it's my SX Strat, it's very stratty, IE: very clangy and reverb-y. Plus, it taps the best out of all of my guitars. Has anyone noticed that some guitars "tap" better than others? On this guitar, taps really ring out. I'm very much into tapping now, so that's why it's my Numero Uno right now.
I have a lefty sx neck'ed partscaster, posted it several times. It will never be my number one 'cause I just love my srv sig strat too much, but it's a great, great guitar.

AWESOME neck - chunky and resonant. I believe that neck contributes to the tone of the guitar, as does the lightweight gfs paulowonaiasdflkjsadfkjsdfakj body.

Anyway, SX necks are fantastic, and if you get a good one, the fretwork is excellent too.

FWIW, I stripped the shellac off of mine w/citristrip - stuff works wonders and left the neck very smooth.

sxoutside_00.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
The ugly SOB on the left.

40d7ffa0.jpg
i've told you this before, but that SOB on the right can be given to me and i wouldn't have any problem with it at all.

here are mine:

954019942_photobucket_120138_.jpg

both the guitars in the picture are my number 1's, as i play 6 and 7 strings.

Archived