Question about Esquire wiring? *pic inside*

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

but, you dont have to ground the bridge. The way the tele is (brilliantly) designed the bridge is already grounded via the strings-saddles-pickup. (as long as your pickup has a metal baseplate attached-which any good tele pickup should have, but some dont. Roadworns dont IIRC)Some ground it anyway, it can reduce hum. But out of my 5 teles only 2 have the bridge grounded and I couldnt tell you which ones.(my 52RI-the most expensive one-is not grounded, because Leo didnt do that) Some have a little route for the ground, some dont. My CIJ has a little route and a little depressed area with a nail to ground to and keep the bridge flush-very cool design.

you also dont have to ground the pots together like in that diagram. if the pot shafts are metal, and the control plate is metal its all ground already.

not much realestate in that cavity so the less wires the better especially if you use a big fat PIO cap like I do)

for the first question I dont know, but Deaf Eddie will know and hook you up. Hes made diagrams for me in the past. awseome dude and wiring guru.

• Members

Welp. Musicians Friend screwed up my order, and no pickup as expected today. What are the chances I get boned twice in a row? Leave on tour tomorrow.

So I got clever. Ended up doing the arlo cocked wah wiring with the stock pickup and a dummy coil. :idea:

sounds good a touch bright. 500k pots due to the expectation I'd have a humbucker in there.

183f0418.jpg

73d13a8d.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived