• +1
    www.myspace.com/city_burns - myspace
    www.myspace.com/mercuryphotos - photography myspace
    http://mercury-666.deviantart.com - deviant art

gear? -
    ibanez XPT700RCM
    takemine D series
    zoom G2.1u multi-effects pedal
    peavey 160 watt scorpion equipped (needs to be re-coned)
    storm/jade 110 watt celestion equipped

im looking for an ESP ltd H-1000

IBANEZ NINJAS/WIZARDS
    IBANEZ MILITIA

Comment

• Hey, if nothing else the OP gets points in my book for using the phrase "Improvisational Elan".

I saw what you did there.

Good Sales / Trades

Comment

• mmmm... bacon...
        My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
        Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall 1965 cab/ '91 MIJ
        fender p bass/ampeg B-15S/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

• If you want a real answer, get a bottle of either thyme, clove bud oil or rosemary (essential oil), pop a few drops between each fret and using your finger spread it round and then leave it and forget about it. All 3 are powerful antibiotics and will kill the bacteria causing the smell, make it smell nice, and if you use rosemary or thyme, will also clean and condition the fretboard..

NOW DON'T DO IT AGAIN
          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• Others on here who I'm sure have also baconed up an instrument or two would surely like your feedback.

That's going in the sig

Comment

• Behold, we have created a new verb : "baconed".

Years from now linguists will trace its origins back to here. Amazing.
              Good Day. I said Good Day!

Comment

• I perused the immediately available lubricants and, well, bacon fat is good for a bunch of other stuff

WTF???

- Zero

Comment

• don't be too hard on the OP. have any of you ever "seasoned" a new cast iron skillet or stove burners? this is where you slather vegetable shortening or some other product all over the iron surfaces and bake it in the oven for an hour so that the next time you use it, it will be a nice non-stick surface.

i really think the baconing of this fretboard was rather forward thinking and may represent the future of guitar care.

I can see it now...

[COLOR="DarkGreen"](phone rings)

tech: yes, guitar repair works, may i help you?

caller: hi, uh how much is a set up?

tech: yes sir, it is $49 and includes new strings, action, intonation, truss rod adjustments, plus a complete baconing of all playing surfaces.

caller: great, i'll come at once...

(hangs up)
                  GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...
                  The Duo
                  Video Clip

Comment

• bahahaha

this is easily the funniest thread ever. Good stuff.

I wonder how the bacon affects the guitar's tone.... I reckon it makes it sound more... ... you probably get a beefier sound

Comment

• bahahaha

I wonder how the bacon affects the guitar's tone.... I reckon it makes it sound more... ... you probably get a beefier sound

Better than the what kind of bacon would satan eat? threads for sure
                      Member of the SG Army
                      In Alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                      HCGB #325

"Apollo was astonished; Dionysus thought me mad"

SPAM:

2002 Epiphone '58 Flying V Gothic with Epi HSC $275

2007 MIM Strat Near Mint w/sealed bag candy. Red w/maple $325

Comment

• nuff said

Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

• If you want a real answer, get a bottle of either thyme, clove bud oil or rosemary (essential oil), pop a few drops between each fret and using your finger spread it round and then leave it and forget about it. All 3 are powerful antibiotics and will kill the bacteria causing the smell, make it smell nice, and if you use rosemary or thyme, will also clean and condition the fretboard..

NOW DON'T DO IT AGAIN

But who wants to turn a strat into a folk guitar?

Comment

• Bacon is awesome.

Comment

• bahahaha

When using bacon many things alter the tone, is it plain bacon? smoked bacon? raw bacon? crispy bacon? etc so many different factors, and of course it changes from person to person depending what oil and size pan you use. And well if you microwave it...... you dont want to get me started!
                              *Captain in the SG Army*

Originally Posted by Minitruth

Of course. I told 'em you guys were saying they might try to stick furniture
                              up my ass. Pics are proof they did not

Guitars: Gibson SG Special, Gibson Les Paul Studio VM, Gibson Melody Maker, Fender Strat, Fender Mustang, Epiphone Dot, Washburn WI66 P90's

Amps: Fender Vibro Champ XD, Blackheart Little Giant Combo

Pedals: Boss TU2, Bad Monkey, Crybaby, Rat 2, Metal Muff, MXR Phase 90, Small Clone, Marshall Echohead, Holy Grail

Comment

• When using bacon many things alter the tone, is it plain bacon? smoked bacon? raw bacon? crispy bacon? etc so many different factors, and of course it changes from person to person depending what oil and size pan you use. And well if you microwave it...... you dont want to get me started!

funny
                                Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

Working...
                                X