Double Cut P90 Guitars.....

flatheadpete

• Members

1990's NYS Blackhawk by Chris Hofschneider. You probably won't find another one very easily.

Is this a variation of the Spector Blackhawk from the late 80s/early 90s? It looks like it's definitely in the same vein with the single-volume control and the blade-type switch on the maple-capped Jr body.

• Members

Is this a variation of the Spector Blackhawk from the late 80s/early 90s? It looks like it's definitely in the same vein with the single-volume control and the blade-type switch on the maple-capped Jr body.

I haven't been able to find a lot of information on these. Chris Hofschneider worked with Stuart Spector in the Kramer Custom Shop. I found an on-line citation at vintagekramer.com stating that the Blackhawk was designed by Chris Hofschneider. I have seen several photos with the same truss rod cover that is on mine, on Spector Blackhawks. I enjoy this guitar, but just don't much about it.

NYS5.jpgspectt5.jpg

• Members

I haven't been able to find a lot of information on these. Chris Hofschneider worked with Stuart Spector in the Kramer Custom Shop. I found an on-line citation at vintagekramer.com stating that the Blackhawk was designed by Chris Hofschneider. I have seen several photos with the same truss rod cover that is on mine, on Spector Blackhawks. I enjoy this guitar, but just don't much about it.

Yup, that's the truss-rod cover I recall from the old SSD Blackhawks. I always wanted to get one, but never came across one to try or buy. Now that I know there's another variation, I'll keep my eyes open for it too. Thanks for the info!

Archived