Anderton, Can you make a quick tutorial?

Tabula Rasa

• Members

Tabula Rasa wrote:

Some things seem counterintuitive and unlike any other forum I've used. A short video tutorial might help.

I've been asked to do some videos, but I need to figure things out first...this is all pretty new to me. There are some things that I really want to see fixed, though, before I start doing screen captures...like darker fonts, light background gray screen, color differentiation for hyperlinks, and an end to this scrolling back and forth just to type a message. That said...there are also some pretty cool features, but your're right, they don't exist in other forums so I didn't even know to go looking for them.

The navigation hasn't been finalized yet either, so I don't want to do videos until the site's layout and navigation are firmed up. It would be kind of pointless to say "for example, click here" and the place that's mentioned doesn't exist :)

The video on the home page was started at 10:30PM and finished at 1:00AM, so just scratches the surface. I think multiple short tutorials is probably best - one on subscribing to threads and topics, one on search, one all about the care and feeding of kudos (a large mammal indigenous to Australia), etc.

• Members

Anderton wrote:

Tabula Rasa wrote:

Some things seem counterintuitive and unlike any other forum I've used. A short video tutorial might help.

I've been asked to do some videos, but I need to figure things out first...this is all pretty new to me. There are some things that I really want to see fixed, though, before I start doing screen captures...like darker fonts, light background gray screen, color differentiation for hyperlinks, and an end to this scrolling back and forth just to type a message. That said...there are also some pretty cool features, but your're right, they don't exist in other forums so I didn't even know to go looking for them.

The navigation hasn't been finalized yet either, so I don't want to do videos until the site's layout and navigation are firmed up. It would be kind of pointless to say "for example, click here" and the place that's mentioned doesn't exist
:)

The video on the home page was started at 10:30PM and finished at 1:00AM, so just scratches the surface. I think multiple short tutorials is probably best - one on subscribing to threads and topics, one on search, one all about the care and feeding of kudos (a large mammal indigenous to Australia), etc.

I'm glad even you are looking to have things changed. 

Archived