"Dixie Blue Custom Strat" on ebay. Is it worth the time? Anybody heard of this line?

IggyK

• Members

So I was on ebay, and I saw a brand I've never heard of. It's a Dixie Blue Custom Strat. I was wondering what people thought, and if it was worth the low bids.

It seems strange because it has a Cort neckplate on the back, but the body isn't anything like Corts strat ripoff, nor is the neck. So I'm thinking this might be a parts guitar. The neck looks nice on it though, it also looks like it has a brass nut on it. Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271138394890?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

• Members

Just looking it over and saw the Fender Japan tuners on it to, so I'm thinking this has to be a partocaster. Just wondering where the body, neck, and pickups came from at this point I guess. It'd be nice if it was all japanese fender parts besides the neckplate though!

• Members

Depends on your options. If you have the money I'd say go for it. It seems to have better parts than most low end guitars, and for around $80 where it's at now, you'd probably have a decent deal at least. It's always hard saying buying on the internet though since you can't hold it in your hands and play it. Hope this helps, good luck!

• Members

Japanese Strat neck

One brightside is if you notice in their pics the neck doesn't have a skunk stripe, and it looks like some japanese strat reissues don't have them either. So maybe you found something good that somebody decided to butcher or something. If I had money I'd probably be bidding you up though. Which is realistically one of the downsides of pointing out a deal. Once again good luck, and if I find any more info I'll let you know.

• Members

I agree silhouette, without knowing too much I think the highest I'm paying is $85 including shipping. Igamikun thanks for the info, I don't have a lot to put down on it, but if I do win who knows maybe I'll have something good (a japanese strat would be awesome!). Thanks for the info guys!

Archived