Has antyone else bought an E-Wave DG-15RH?

Scott Abene

• Members

So about 8 months ago I purchased an E-Wave DG-15RH tube head off of ebay.

It has been a while so I will throw in my 2 cents about it.

After playing it almost daily I simply can't believe how great this little head sounds and how "on the cheap" I purchased it. For a 2 channel head it has great crisp cleans and the lead channel can really pack a classic almost brown sound punch at times.

I have been running the head through my old GK 2 x 12 cab and my ancient rack just to give you some perspective.

So has anyone else bought one of these?

How do you like it?

E-Wave_DG-15RH.jpg

E-Wave_DG-15RH_00.jpg

GK_2_x_12.jpg

Rack_of_Old_00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Scott, have any sound clips/vids you can share? I became aware of this brand today and am having little luck locating reviews and/or clips. It does look H&K ish and the tubemeister18 is pretty darned sweet. I wonder if the similarities end with the visuals.

• Members

Here is the deal from my perspective. I had an endorsement from Rivera in the 90's and I have many high end Soldano amps as well as a bunch of nice GK models

This little E-Wave I would put up against almost all of them. Actually it was one of the best gambles that I have ever made.

I also do not use overdrive or distortion pedals for the record. I expect the amp to handle that

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
lol - you can ignore the PM I sent asking you where you got the amp now Scott, had not seen this thread.

Can you possibly post some clips of yours?
I will post some clips.

Sorry I am really bad about the PM's I for whatever reason never seem to look to the upper right of the screen on this site

• Members

E-Wave DG-15RH Demo

Alright... This was all one take each tune.

Played a Jem style guitar with floyd on everything.

The first two tracks were on the lead channel with the volume knob on the guitar at anywhere from 2-5 depending

The third and fourth track is same lead channel with volume knob on 10

Moon dance is the clean channel neck pickup with tone on 2

My playing kind of sucks these days but maybe if I picked up a guitar more than twice a week for 5 minutes at a time I would not be so ashamed.

I used some reverb, plus a little delay and chorus on the VH stuff. Just reverb on the other tunes. I did not really take any time to dial in a brown sound and there is definitely too much mid-range for my liking.

The amp was barely turned up for this. I could literally whisper over it. I could not crank it up volume wise as my wife was teaching a student upstairs. I will do another recording when I can that have the amp screaming.

*** Click Here for the E-Wave DG-15RH MP3 Demo ***

• 2 weeks later...

Archived