X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I think I am turning to Rockabilly >>>>>>>>>>>

Been listening to '20 flite rock' and the driving backing to ' guy down the chip shop swears he's Elvis'.

Please suggest some starter Rockabilly albums/songs.

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

I won't suggest any albums, but here is a short listing of artists living and dead.  Carl Perkins, Billy Riley, Brian Setzer, Jim Heath of The Reverend Horton Heat(my current favorite since I have recorded with them.).  I am sure a Google search will yield an extensive listing of notable artists of this genre.

Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

No recommendations as such but its good stuff.  It took me awhile to really appreciate it, like a fine wine.

Both of these albums are excellent contemporary cover albums. Most of them sound much better than the originals because the originals were, sadly, low-quality acetate recordings.

Chris Isaak Beyond the Sun

Brian Setzer Rockabilly Riot Volume 1

Jeff Beck did a great rockabilly album called Crazy Legs.

Bands to Check out: Carl Perkins, The Head Cat, Brian Setzer, Stray Cats, Reverend Horton Heat, Hillbilly Moon Explosion, Imelda May, Rosie Flores, Wanda Jackson, Buddy Holly, Jace Everett

Rockabilly can really suck you into a roots-of-rock k-hole, so do your wallet a favor and get a Spotify account before you get in too deep!

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

Eddie Cochran, Brian Setzer, and Carl Perkins is more than enough of a starting place, but getting plenty of Eddie Cochran is most important.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>FS/FT:</b><br />
    - <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2973850-Fender-Classic-50-s-Strat-with-TV-Jones-Classics-case-%28MIM%29" target="_blank">Fender Classic 50's Strat with TV Jones Classics + case (MIM)</a><br />
    <b>Wanted:</b><br />
    - Squier Surf Green Jaguar<br />
    - Goatkeeper, WMD Geiger Counter, Strats, Rickenbackers<br />
    GOOD DEALS: <u><b><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=37389396&amp;postcount=397" target="_blank">Click Here</a></b></u></div>

Comment

• onelife
      onelife commented
      Editing a comment

I had the chance to work with this guy over the weekend.

search youtube for "cousin harley" or "paul pigat" for more.

he also has instrutional DVDs available

Working...
X