Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Epi Frehley real or fake?

Wondering if someone who knows can help me out. I bought an Epi Frehley about 6 years ago and I'm wondering if its fake. The serial is I00071926 which I gather means it was supposed to be made in Korea in 2000. Things that have me wondering are that Ace's outline on the headstock is not continuous - there are two breaks. Someone told me the outline is too close to the left side of the headstock as well. Some of the binding is not perfect. Someone also questioned whether the pups are real DiMarzios.

See the link for a bunch of close up pictures. I can post more if you want to see anything else.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11439...01844774923377

Thanks very much!
    Gear list; 1998 Peavey Wolfgang Special Goldtop Pat Pend, 2000 Epiphone Ace Frehley, Godin Session, Traynor YCV15, Zoom G3x

The Dimarzios are real, can't speak to the rest of it.
    I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

The Dimarzios are real, can't speak to the rest of it.
      I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

I have no idea, but faking an Epiphone doesn't make sense when it's just as easy to fake a Gibson and sell it for 5 times the price.

Comment

I have no idea, but faking an Epiphone doesn't make sense when it's just as easy to fake a Gibson and sell it for 5 times the price.

Comment

Do you like the guitar?

Does it play well and sound good?

How important is it to you for the guitar to be "real?"

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Do you like the guitar?

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by onelife
                View Post

Do you like the guitar?

I like it and it plays and sounds good. I'm curious since a couple of people seem to think it's fake.
                Gear list; 1998 Peavey Wolfgang Special Goldtop Pat Pend, 2000 Epiphone Ace Frehley, Godin Session, Traynor YCV15, Zoom G3x

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by onelife
                  View Post

Do you like the guitar?

I like it and it plays and sounds good. I'm curious since a couple of people seem to think it's fake.

Comment

Where did you buy it?

Comment

Where did you buy it?

Comment

It's a fake. The real one was a Gibson owned by that dude in Kiss.

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                            View Post

This is a great point. I also think it was made in Budokan, not Korea...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                              View Post

This is a great point. I also think it was made in Budokan, not Korea...

Comment

Working...
                              X