X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a fake?

Headstock logo doesn't look right to me.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/msg/3539544695.html
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>GOOD</b> People to deal with : PunkKitty, LostGoonie,Cratz2,Albala, Ball&amp;Chain,</div>

The bridge pickup is a "Duncan Designed." The logo doesn't look right on the head stock, but that might be poor pictures. The bridge isn't a stock MIM bridge.

Need more info. Could be a Franken-Tele.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">................The <i>REAL</i> Brah<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Good trades/deals with:</b> Fusion1, SOLARPIMP, Lonnie99, twotimingpete, Tupelo Sun, moon shadow, Florbastang, shooter 123, Wolfboy1, almost enough, meowy, ntmo, lovellintn, fulcrumpoint, matt rhoades, kojdogg, cadfael, Daveydude, DaveAronow, Smithshred</div>

Comment

• GilmourD
      GilmourD commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that a Koa Tele? There was a short MIK run of them a few years ago.

MIK Fender Koa Tele. A notch above MIM telecasters. Really hot Duncan pickups too. I have one also. Great guitars.

Comment

• wanderoo222
      wanderoo222 commented
      Editing a comment

"MIK Fender Koa Tele. A notch above MIM telecasters. Really hot Duncan pickups too. I have one also. Great guitars."

Thanks, I was hesitant about checking it out.

That looks like a good buy. It will have a figured birdseye maple neck also.

Comment

Can't tell for sure, but someone badly doesn't know how to intonate a guitar - if you try it, it will sound nasty with chords.

http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

• steve_man
        steve_man commented
        Editing a comment
        yup, Koa Tele...really nice guitars. For $300, that's a no-brainer...grab it quick! Those were fairly expensive, if I remember correctly (compared to a regular MIM model).

Whenever you seethat plastic/nylon insert in the truss rod adjust, it's nearly always Korean

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• wanderoo222
        wanderoo222 commented
        Editing a comment

Yep, it's real. In fact I just bought it . Its a beauty. Thanks everyone.

Definitely a fake. You got ripped off, dude!
      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• wanderoo222
        wanderoo222 commented
        Editing a comment

I just knew it....

Working...
    X