I really like being able to upload photos directly from my computer...

docjeffrey

• Members

... on this version of the forum. Before, I had to post to Facebook and copy the image address or ftp to my website and then post the image link. This is much cleaner and will save all of us a bit of time. Also, the forum seems to be running at an acceptible speed. Good work mods.

iPad support is the only downside that I'm finding so far, but hopefully, someone will put together an app that allows us to post media rather than just text.

For those jumping ship, what a bunch of **bleep**. Just like last time. The whiners have ulterior motives (e.g., Mark Wein) to make money by luring and exploiting HC members. But, hey, it's almost a free country still and if that's how you do business, best wishes. Just remember, karma can be a real **bleep**.

Bleeping? Honestly, a well placed **bleep** can do wonders from time to time, but I'll survive.

• Members

Oh, almost forgot. For those of you who have lost track of or closed the email account that you used when you originally signed up for HC--and now cannot reset your password--whose fault is that? You sound like my undergraduate students who have millions of excuses about why they didn't get an important assignment or announcement about a class that they are taking.

Part of living in the information age is managing your online life. You can't just sign up for something and then forget about the email account and password that you used for the internet service. You have to keep track of that stuff or face the consequences. And in this instance, the consequences are that you have to sign up again and become a noob all over again. BFD. Get over it.

• Members

I agree with most of being said here.  Hopefully the community will be happy with what comes out of the switchover.  I am coping with the beta version as best as I can.  Surely they can make it look better.  It does work better, and posting pics off my local drive is a pretty cool feature.

Lookee at this Tru Oil goodness... mMMmmmm

IMG\_6479.JPG

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:

You have to keep track of that stuff or face the consequences. And in this instance, the consequences are that you have to sign up again and become a noob all over again. BFD. Get over it.

incorrect

they'll fix it for you if you contact them

happened to me... i simply no longer have access to the email address i signed up with... it's been 7 years, i've moved multiple times etc... i actually did sort it with them before but for some reason it didn't recognise the new adress this time around

regardless, it can be sorted

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:

...The whiners have ulterior motives (
e.g., Mark 
Wein) to make money by luring and exploiting HC members. But, hey, it's almost a free country still and if that's how you do business, best wishes. Just remember, karma can be a real **bleep**.

for the record... i agree with this completely... i have no idea why Mark Wein has been constantly allowed to spam his forum at harmony central... to me, he's acted like a vulture... every time something goes wrong he's in there pushing his own forum... all done in a light hearted way, but his intentions have been clear from the start

and then he wanted money to fund the promotion of his album.... you've gotta be kidding me

the guy has shown absolutely no class imo

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:  Part of living in the information age is managing your online life. You can't just sign up for something and then forget about the email account and password that you used for the internet service. You have to keep track of that stuff or face the consequences. And in this instance, the consequences are that you have to sign up again and become a noob all over again. BFD. Get over it.

I agree totally.  That was spoken just like Steve Buscemi.  BTW when are you bringing him back as your avatar?  I used to crack up every time I saw it years ago.

SteveBuscemi\_Grant\_12304600-e1327098347388.jpg

• Members

docjeffrey wrote:

For those jumping ship, what a bunch of **bleep**. Just like last time.
The whiners have ulterior motives (
e.g., Mark 
Wein) to make money by luring and exploiting HC members
. But, hey, it's almost a free country still and if that's how you do business, best wishes. Just remember, karma can be a real **bleep**.

Bleeping? Honestly, a well placed **bleep** can do wonders from time to time, but I'll survive.

This is out of line.  Mark is not one of 'whiners.'  He has NOT disparaged this place.  In fact, he's always expressed his fondness for this community.

You, on the other hand, are bearing false witness against thy neighbor.  As a man who presents himself publicly as a Christian, you should be deeply ashamed.            

• Members

mistersully wrote:

docjeffrey wrote:

...The whiners have ulterior motives (
e.g., Mark 
Wein) to make money by luring and exploiting HC members. But, hey, it's almost a free country still and if that's how you do business, best wishes. Just remember, karma can be a real **bleep**.

for the record... i agree with this completely... i have no idea why Mark Wein has been constantly allowed to spam his forum at harmony central... to me, he's acted like a vulture... every time something goes wrong he's in there pushing his own forum... all done in a light hearted way, but his intentions have been clear from the start

and then he wanted money to fund the promotion of his album.... you've gotta be kidding me

the guy has shown absolutely no class imo

It's simple.  The only thing Mark has done is self promote just like Bryan Gunsher with BG Pups or Guitar Fetish or any number of people who've grown their business here at HC.  He has not been underhanded or sneaky about it.  He's been straight forward.  The fact that you have a problem with it is your hangup.

Some people have this idea in their heads that Wein's website is a threat to this community or that you have to choose a side.  That's just silly.  Mark is not telling people to visit his web community and never return.  The fact that some people have said they plan to go there and never return shows their frustration with HC.  But Mark has never promoted his website as a one way street journey.  Most mature adults recognize that there are multiple guitar community websites and you can be a dual citizen of HC and Mark Wein Guitar Lessons.  Personally, I visit multiple places and will continue to come to HC until it's gone.

HC is imploding right now because this new software rollout is much too similar to HC 2.0.  That's the perception.  That has nothing to do with Wein's place.  If people decide to stay away from HC, it's not because of TGP or Wein or any number of guitar community alternatives.

HC was diminished by the 2.0 rollout.  Now, this 3.0 rollout is having the same effect.  That's on the management of this site, not Mark.

I hope this place survives.  I've got fond memories here.  I'll continue to visit here hoping things turn around.  But, let's not get confused about the issue.  What happened here was nothing to do with any other website out there.  This debacle is on MF/GC management.   

Archived