Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

When this forum dies, where should I go?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When this forum dies, where should I go?

There are so many issues here that I would guess the majority of contributers here will leave. Where is the next best forum? Maybe we should all just move to Mark Wein's site.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

kayd_mon wrote:

There are so many issues here that I would guess the majority of contributers here will leave. Where is the next best forum? Maybe we should all just move to Mark Wein's site.

From what I've been reading in the Feedback section, Phil O'Keefe has said that the new site wasn't actually supposed to be introduced quite yet, but it was rushed into service since the old site just dropped a gigantic deuce.

Instead of whining, everybody should instead make suggestions. Apparently the intent is to get this as close to the old vB site as possible. Maybe we can be productive and help them to that goal.

Mazi Bee Militia!
    JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
    PpP
    My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

• joecool1963
      joecool1963 commented
      Editing a comment

Well, to be honest and fair, the old site has been **bleep** the bed for quite some time. I spend most of my online time these days over at mylespaul, but there are lots of other internet sites for us guitarist. Mark's site is fine

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

GilmourD wrote:

kayd_mon wrote:

From what I've been reading in the Feedback section, Phil O'Keefe has said that the new site wasn't actually supposed to be introduced quite yet, but it was rushed into service since the old site just dropped a gigantic deuce.

Instead of whining, everybody should instead make suggestions. Apparently the intent is to get this as close to the old vB site as possible. Maybe we can be productive and help them to that goal.

I completely agree with the above sentiments.  All you doomsday complainers are acting like petulant children.  Do you jump ship in all situations in your lives?  This whole instant gratification belief is out of control.  I'm sure the moderators are working their asses off, give this new format a chance!

kayd_mon wrote:

Holy **bleep** gloom and doom. Adapt to change much? 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.justdarrell.com" target="_blank">Just Darrell Web Site</a></div>

Comment

• xStonr
      xStonr commented
      Editing a comment

This forum is like Rock and Roll. It will never die.

I can deal with change. Based on forum personalities, I don't think the rest of the forumites will adapt, and this place will turn into a ghost town. The multitude of complaints here work as all the suggestions you need. People want full screen, easy posting of pics, reasonably sized avatars, and support for their ipads. If that doesn't happen soon, many will leave, and this forum will be pointless.

My question is simply asking where I should go if the forum does die, which it will if it isn't fixed soon. I said in another thread that I am thankful that the new forum at least loads. That is a step up from the former broken forum.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

why  cant they make the new site look similar to the old site but work better? I dont get that part of it. You can change the site but why such a drastic change in the look? thats what pisses people off the most. If the new site looked 80% the same (or 60%, or 40%) as the old one nobody would have a problem. In fact the whole point of upgrading would be simply to fix what was wrong with the site not the site itself.

the new site looks 0% like the old site=fail.

its like I play a telecaster but want to improve some things so I put an electrosocket in, a humbucker in the neck, sheild the cavities, give it a 4way switch, nitro paint, push-pull pots, 22 frets, 9.5 radius. Its still a Tele. No thier fix would be to give me a les paul and say, "get used to it"

every other site I have ever gone to more or less looks and acts the same, why is this the only one that is different?  From the gear page to TDPRI, to SG forum, surfguitar101, offsetguitars, mylespaul, lespaul, askandy, superfuture, old harmony central, they are all pretty much the exact same format.

it works for every site on the internet except this one? 

Like I said above, they planned on it looking more like the old forum, but also planned on rolling it out later. Then the old forum took a dump, so they rolled out a working forum that they're going to redesign.
    Mazi Bee Militia!
    JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
    PpP
    My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

i find that hard to believe but that would be the best thing. why it wouldnt be the most obvious thing I dunno. the last time they did this they made the same mistake, changing everyhting to a completely new design.

Ok, look I always try to stay away from negative type threads because I am living a good life and don't feel like arguing or being negative.  I do have to chime in finally about the forums because I think some of this complaining is total nonsense.  The old forum had trouble and pretty much **bleep** the bed. Ok so lots of craziness there, I can undrstand that but.  Then came this new forum.  Really it's ok I like how easy it is to load a picture from your own computer and to be honest I could care less about the way it looks.  I come here for knowledge and to learn about all kinds of stuff I didn't know about all kinds of gutiars and accessories.  I also like the the people and the sometimes funny stuff that goes on here.  It is very relaxed and nice to read, watch demos and listen to others playing and such.  This is why I just can't understand why people are leaving!  And it's over looks and some really minor problems.  What do you do when you get a guitar your not totally on board with?  Mod it! Modding it takes time especially changing the finish, but you don't just throw it away and curse on it.  Look at Vintageclubbers First Act turd, it was junk but he made it into medium level JC Penny jewlery! Same principle here folks.   The people make the forum not the fact you can't swear, who needs that anyway.  I know I have not been the most active HC'er and have not posted videos or sound clips, or even given a lot of information out, but I dont have to much time and I don't have recording gear.  I have however been playing 22 years and will try in the future to make more contributions to HC.  I'll interact with any guitar player here big name or not because everyone has something to offer even if its how to get the Slash tone, brah. 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Gear</b><br>1996 Strat deluxe, Schecter TSH-1, Squire standard Strat, Dearmond M65-C, Blues JR, Crate VC20, Bugera V5. Vox Time Machine, Keeley mod DS1, Wampler Euphoria, Vox wah.<br></div>

Comment

• mockchoi
      mockchoi commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't get all bent about this stuff. But I can't stand the way this forum looks and the usability of it. I also like the way people think that there is a team furiously coding to fix the problems here. It would take minutes to fix some of these problems.

It actually works well with the mobile skin but they still need to fix the quotes and pic posting. As far as I can tell there is no way to post pics from an iPhone.
    I have a ton of updates on my build thread but I can't post to it.
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• GilmourD
      GilmourD commented
      Editing a comment

Elias Graves wrote:
      It actually works well with the mobile skin but they still need to fix the quotes and pic posting. As far as I can tell there is no way to post pics from an iPhone.
      I have a ton of updates on my build thread but I can't post to it.

I blame Apple. :smileylol:

Last night I discovered why everybody with an iPhone has the same ringtones. Adding a custom ringtone is RETARDED. No matter what I did to my wife's iPhone I could not get her custom ringer to work. On my Android phones it's easy peasy. 

So... Yeah... Apple's fault. LOL 

Posted this from my Asus Transformer Prime. Thumb

Attached Files

the forum will carry on with or without you and me, as long as the content stays piping hot 'n fresh ..(but these lame smilies need an overhaul into the 21st Century!)

Comment

Working...
X