Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender: Vintage Noiseless or Hot Noiseless?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage noiseless weak?
    I know they're a little lower output than most fender pups but i wouldn't call them weak (play an eric johnson strat ). You're just playing them throught the wrong amp man. i wish you can come over my house and hear my strat with vintage noiseless pickups into my carvin legacy. i'll show you weak . they're no texas specials though.

they're my favorite strat pickups i think.
    Peace

-Kenny

Comment

I'm clip crazy today

My Strat with the Hot noiseless. Pink Floyd Cover.

this clip is fantastic...thanks alot.

do you have anything a little more dirtier with these as well.
      EGBA

Comment

Vintage noiseless weak?
        I know they're a little lower output than most fender pups but i wouldn't call them weak (play an eric johnson strat ). You're just playing them throught the wrong amp man. i wish you can come over my house and hear my strat with vintage noiseless pickups into my carvin legacy. i'll show you weak . they're no texas specials though.

they're my favorite strat pickups i think.

Na. It's not the amp. I have great amps. I just don't like them all that much compared to other Fender options. I know what they sound like. I have installed them for a few clients. They don't sound bad to me, just not what I expect out of a Strat.

it's all just opinions.
        My various guitar build • repair • maintenance threads

My Custom Guitar page

Some of my motion graphics ****************

My metal band, Sulaco
        Download Sulaco, "Build and Burn" for free or pay in any format you want

My instrumental Prog band, BML

1981 Marshall 2203
        Marshall DSL50

Comment

this clip is fantastic...thanks alot.

do you have anything a little more dirtier with these as well.

I wish I did, but that was the only song I have recorded with these pickups. I used my Tele for most of the rest of that session.

My Custom Guitar page

My metal band, Sulaco

1981 Marshall 2203
          Marshall DSL50

Comment

I wish I did, but that was the only song I have recorded with these pickups. I used my Tele for most of the rest of that session.

it's cool. i liked what i heard alot, thanks for posting that clip, and great song too.
            EGBA

Comment

it's cool. i liked what i heard alot, thanks for posting that clip, and great song too.

Thanks. We went in a did a cover CD last year because we were bored and needed to spend money on something I guess. We did that, a King Crimson song, an Iron Maiden song and an original too

My Custom Guitar page

My metal band, Sulaco

1981 Marshall 2203
              Marshall DSL50

Comment

It would be really nice if I could get that Comfortably Numb tone posted earlier, as well as THIS SWEET ASS TONE.
                That's a big twinkie.

Comment

It would be really nice if I could get that Comfortably Numb tone posted earlier, as well as THIS SWEET ASS TONE.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=631313

this is a take of the Comfortably Numb solo(at least the jist of it) I did with my Texas Specials.

just to give you an in the ball park idea of what those would sound like. i'm looking for a little more bite though. they still sound good though. some other stuff recorded with them is there too.
                  EGBA

Comment

The Vintage Noiseless are the crappiest pickups Fender offers IMO. So weak.

I really like the Hot noiseless though. They sound closer to the real deal and have that bite.

Clapton had the Vintage Noiseless in his signature strat a few years back, i'm not sure if they are anymore, but the Crossroads Guitar Festival guitar he played had them. Crappy pickups in a guitar like that. crazy man. he also had some cranked amps though, so that boosted their output probably.

it amazes me though, that the 2 noiseless that Fender puts out completely differ from each other.
                    EGBA

Comment

The best I've heard anyone get close to that tone was with stock MIM pickups, a stock TS-9 reissue, a Fender Deluxe Reverb, and an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man. Go figure.

Amazing but true.

Comment

Ita a totally different ballgame with the EC Strat. Adding the mid-boost to the equation totally change's the frequency of the Vintage Noisless in the Clapton Strat. Talking Apple's and Orange's now. The Clapton are ALL equipped with Vintage Noiseless. I thought they sucked till I played then through that rig? I can't get over how good they sound in that guitar. The High Z frequency is changed over to a Low Z frequency in the Clapton. That doesn't happen with the Vinatge Noiseless in any other Strat.
                        Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

Comment

Ita a totally different ballgame with the EC Strat. Adding the mid-boost to the equation totally change's the frequency of the Vintage Noisless in the Clapton Strat. Talking Apple's and Orange's now. The Clapton are ALL equipped with Vintage Noiseless. I thought they sucked till I played then through that rig? I can't get over how good they sound in that guitar. The High Z frequency is changed over to a Low Z frequency in the Clapton. That doesn't happen with the Vinatge Noiseless in any other Strat.

bah! i forgot all about the mid boost he had on his guitars.

sorry
                          EGBA

Comment

I don't know, as I haven't tried either, but Dave Gilmour didn't use his Strat on Another Brick, he used a Gibson Les Paul goldtop loaded with P-90s. I recommend the P-90 at the neck - it sounds fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                            X