X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming! Gibson Derek Trucks SG

I've been a good boy and not bought a guitar in 2 years, but I've got cash to burn and after spending the week discovering the awesomeness that is Derek Trucks I decided I needed his signature SG. It's also on sale, so I went ahead and ordered one today. Man I love rash and impulsive decisions!

So, does anyone own one? Anyone tried one? Thoughts please.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Derek-Trucks-Signature-SG.aspx

I have played a couple, almost the exact same guitar as my '61 Reissue. If you like Gibson's fat necks, you will be disappointed. I, however, love the thinner feel.

The ones I have played have been well made and played well.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">................The <i>REAL</i> Brah<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Good trades/deals with:</b> Fusion1, SOLARPIMP, Lonnie99, twotimingpete, Tupelo Sun, moon shadow, Florbastang, shooter 123, Wolfboy1, almost enough, meowy, ntmo, lovellintn, fulcrumpoint, matt rhoades, kojdogg, cadfael, Daveydude, DaveAronow, Smithshred</div>

Comment

• w00dsy
      w00dsy commented
      Editing a comment

i've never been a huge SG fan but something about the Trucks model really speaks to me. Congrats. 

• Hozze
      Hozze commented
      Editing a comment

Bro Blue wrote:
      I have played a couple, almost the exact same guitar as my '61 Reissue. If you like Gibson's fat necks, you will be disappointed. I, however, love the thinner feel.

The ones I have played have been well made and played well.

I'm not that fuzzy about necks, both 50's and 60's necks feel fine too me. I really try to keep my thumb on the back of the neck instead of wrapping it around, and then I don't think it matters as much.

I think it pretty much IS a '61 reissue with some cosmetic differences. Should be showing up during the week, we'll see then.

Working...
X