Explorer more like an ESP mx 220 control setup is also just like it.

moonli

• Members

????Gibson Explorer??? ????350Made in 2009 in china 22 frets thick neck like a les pauls, I believe its mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard (very dark looks ebony) alpine white finish gotoh t.o.m bridge grover tuners non locking epiphones own brand straplocks all black hardware, EMG 81 85 set included battery compartment body style? Explorer more like an ESP mx 220 control setup is also just like it.

This guitar was clearly made to appeal to metal heads, it looks exactly like an ESP mx that james hetfield of metallica used in the late 80's aka the EET FUK guitar that can be seen in the Seattle 1989 performance, I'm using a Line 6 spider 3 150w amp and it sounds beastly, I do plan on swapping the pickups out for a 60 81 setup with 2 volume controls for preference but out of the box this guitar sounds great, action was a bit high but that's easily fixed the guitars variety in sound is surprising it can handle pretty much everything I could dish out I usually play metallica (hence my choice of this guitar) and it hasn't let me down.

The action was as I said a bit high, still playable but not what I was used to, the pickups were well adjusted on the back of the headstock was a sticker (I don't know if its true) stating that it was setup in the usa I do trust this as this guitar also features a limited edition Epiphone custom shop logo painted on the back of the headstock, so its clearly gotten some attention, no visible flaws that I could see, only 1 thing was if you look VERY closely there's some slight imperfections on the last side fret markers I mean you have to be looking for it to see it, other than that no flaws at all.

More info, pls viist: http://www.explorerguitarsale.com/style/

Archived