Played a cool hollow body today, Heritage H-575 content.

theManfromAlabam

• Members

seems like a good price if you're a fan of Heritage.  

FWIW, i must be the only guy around here who doesn't like Heritage (based on the numerous examples I've played).  

it's not even a headstock thing (it's not the worst design i've seen, and i am a Tyler owner, so i can't really throw stones).  i've played a bunch of them over the years (including the H-150, Skolnick sig, H-137, H-535 models).  some were better than others, but i couldn't really get on with any of them.  

and it's not to be dismissed as me being a fanboi to another brand.  i wish i could articulate it.  something about the feel of the neck and the overall feel of the guitar up against me.  and the stock pickups they use in the 150s, i didn't care for through my setup.

• Members

Don't want to bash Heritage and shouldn't anyway since I have next to no experience with them. Unfortunately the one experience I have is the one I still own (but don't play) and the story is too embarassing to retell (you guys know the story which in short is: I dreamt of a good jazzbox, paid outrageous amount of money for this H575, tried to love it while the two weeks return policy expired and now wonder how to get rid of it).

All I can say is, mine is proof that some Heritage are lemon and be very sure that you really love it before paying even a "good" price for it. 

And no, a H575 is not better than a Gibson ES175. Sorry.

• Members

Jkater wrote:

And no, a H575 is not better than a Gibson ES175. Sorry.

Apology accepted. smile

The ones I have seen are better than the later model 175 with the maple/poplar laminate. Perhaps the Custom Shop 175 is better than the last run of "production" models.

The 575 is solid wood with a carved top which I prefer over plywood in a jazz box.

Archived