MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

steve_man

• Members

Seriously...I've heard of this, but I sent in a price match last night, and still have not heard back from them. The item was on sale elsewhere, and I'm wondering if they just waited a while so it would be out of stock, and they could deny the price-match.

Lame...facepalm.gif

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by steve_man View Post
Seriously...I've heard of this, but I sent in a price match last night, and still have not heard back from them. The item was on sale elsewhere, and I'm wondering if they just waited a while so it would be out of stock, and they could deny the price-match.

Lame...facepalm.gif
On the RoadWorn '50s strats from Best Buy I submitted a match on the Sunday, and finally heard back on a Thursday. Ordered immediately and it finally arrived this Thursday. Actually, I changed the quantity from 1 to 2 and two arrived on Thursday. facepalm.gif

• Members

STILLLLLLL waiting for M123 for the Akai price match deal from a request sent 2 days ago. I said screw it and called MF and got the price match on the better Deluxe Distortion, and a promise for a $100 gift card, which I am sure they will weasel out of. Typical strategy of M123 is wait long enough for the competitors price to increase back to full price, or run out of stock, and then and only then will they price match the deal. I found this strategy is what they do for all the really good deals.

• Members

I(and probably a bunch of you) remember when M123 was an independent company-they seriously kicked MF's ass back in the day...

Now MF seems to be a lot more reasonable to deal with for some reason-which is weird cuz I know they're the same company and I get the feeling that the CSR's are the same people. In any case, I always send in 5-10 price match requests at the same time if it's something I really want...they will usually approve 2-3...the other 7-8 are all over the map.

Their failure to honor their own policies and guarantees has pushed me more and more towards Zzounds and Sweetwater-both of whom I've had good luck getting to price match stuff-plus, for guitars, Sweetwater includes a set-up and 2-year warantee.

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEVER OVERRATED!!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

STILLLLLLL waiting for M123 for the Akai price match deal from a request sent 2 days ago. I said screw it and called MF and got the price match on the better Deluxe Distortion, and a promise for a $100 gift card, which I am sure they will weasel out of. Typical strategy of M123 is wait long enough for the competitors price to increase back to full price, or run out of stock, and then and only then will they price match the deal. I found this strategy is what they do for all the really good deals.

Do you say "please" and "thank you" in your PM requests, or do you use the comment section provided to rip them? Over the last 2 days I have put in 4 requests, all have been responded to within an hour, including 1 this morning within a half hour.

• Members

Wait, are you seriously grovelling for a price match by bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I please have another?" I have gotten price matches before, just not on the really good deals and not without sending in more than 1. The funny thing is getting different price matches for the same item by different customer service reps. Some will price match it to M123s price which is hundreds of dollars more than the competitors price and no mention of them not being able to match their price or here is one I forgot, they will say, "the link provided does not have the item for price matching" but if I copy and paste the same link that they quoted from my price request it goes right to the Sam Ash site or Sweetwater site no problem. The insult to injury is when they have a price match with their normal price, which to me is like them flipping the bird at me for even daring to price match them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow View Post
Do you say "please" and "thank you" in your PM requests, or do you use the comment section provided to rip them? Over the last 2 days I have put in 4 requests, all have been responded to within an hour, including 1 this morning within a half hour.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1 View Post
Wait, are you seriously grovelling for a price match by bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I please have another?" I have gotten price matches before, just not on the really good deals and not without sending in more than 1. The funny thing is getting different price matches for the same item by different customer service reps. Some will price match it to M123s price which is hundreds of dollars more than the competitors price and no mention of them not being able to match their price or here is one I forgot, they will say, "the link provided does not have the item for price matching" but if I copy and paste the same link that they quoted from my price request it goes right to the Sam Ash site or Sweetwater site no problem. The insult to injury is when they have a price match with their normal price, which to me is like them flipping the bird at me for even daring to price match them.
They probably have your email address flagged. When they see a request from you, they go facepalm.gif

Then blah.gif

Then delay it,trash it, or come back with something just to piss you off. poke.gif

That's what I would do anyway. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

They need to FIRE employees like this. If you were one of THOSE type of employees, your ass would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow View Post
They probably have your email address flagged. When they see a request from you, they go facepalm.gif

Then blah.gif

Then delay it,trash it, or come back with something just to piss you off. poke.gif

That's what I would do anyway. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

I think the best(and almost always the most effective) way to deal with people is through politeness...the CSR's probably make {censored} wages and I can tell you, from being in customer service for over 20 years I go out of my way to help NICE people-even to the point of bending the rules if I can. When someone is demanding or comes off as a dick, most people in customer service would just as soon not have their business. We can flame M123 in particular for this, but it's the same scenario with virtually all retail businesses.

At the same time, M123 and MF have caused a lot of this bull{censored} themselves and it's really a shame...the ironic thing is-they're creating a lot more work(and thereby wasting more money) for themselves when people like me send in 5-10 pricematch requests, knowing that it'll take that many to get them to honor their guarantee.

Chris Baker has been a big help-it's a shame everyone who works for MF and M123 don't have his patience. My advice...send in a bunch of pricematch requests and/or call if it's something you really want. Otherwise, take your business to Zzounds or Sweetwater-neither company has the same "guarantee" but I've found both easier to deal with and usually quicker to match prices.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by anti-flag193 View Post
Don't see why everyone is so scared to call. It takes 10 minutes.
+1

Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.

The one nice thing about the emailed PM's is they are transferable... I benefitted from a forumite's efforts this very way a couple week's ago. Then earlier this week, I phoned in for an insane price match on a guitar case that M123 is going to lose money on. You guys can bash them, but I have gotten great service from M123.

Oh and what's up with not saying please and thank you??... that's not grovelling, it's basic civility.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder View Post
+1

Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.

The one nice thing about the emailed PM's is they are transferable... I benefitted from a forumite's efforts this very way a couple week's ago. Then earlier this week, I phoned in for an insane price match on a guitar case that M123 is going to lose money on. You guys can bash them, but I have gotten great service from M123.

Oh and what's up with not saying please and thank you??... that's not grovelling, it's basic civility.
what case was it? i'm looking for a tele case. And a les paul one actually XD.

Archived