Collapse
No announcement yet.

MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, update on the situation. After talking with Chris Maile, who posted earlier in the thread (works for Music123), he has worked this out for me. Ended up even giving me a lower price than I thought I'd get on these items. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Thank you to Chris for jumping in here, and getting everything handled.
    My Gear:
    2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    Epiphone Sheraton Pro
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    2006 Fender American 60th Anniv. P-Bass
    Taylor GS Mini
    Takamine acoustic

Comment

From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

Music123 PM Experiment Part 2: Electric Bugaloo

Placed 2 PM requests for the Gibson SG Standard P-90 in ebony which zzounds.com currently has for $664.95.

Both just came back with they can't match it because it's out of stock at zzounds.com. But actually, as of this moment, it still shows as in stock.

Moral: Call.

In all fairness to the detractors, I wanted to give an update on this. Responded to these 2 PM responses multiple times using the comment option, showing that the product was still in stock at zzounds at the lower price (has since returned to the original price, of course), and I have received nothing.

And Chris if you're reading this no need to apologize, though I'm kind of butthurt you've ignored both of my little experiments to date. I'd still appreciate your comments. Truth is, I'm not going to order the guitar anymore (though I was genuinely interested when I sent in the PMs); now I just want you to see what's going on. I did notice they were both from the same CSR (Jamie B.) so maybe she/he was just having an off 4 or 5 days.

All that being said, is there something wrong with the comment option on the PMs? Are the CSRs even getting our responses when we try to reply to their denial of our PMs?

Calling really is the way to go it seems.
        NEWB since '09.

Comment

Calling is the only way with M123. I have accepted it as a fact of life.

Calling really is the way to go it seems.

Comment

I got 2 back in minutes today and another I've submitted another twice, a couple hours apart and still no reply. I guess if they don't want to make a deal,they leave you hanging but if they have a margin on the item, they get back to you sooner
            My Gear
            Schecter Corsair
            TelePartsCaster x3
            Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
            Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
            Vox VT15
            Fender SCXD
            Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
            Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
            Vox AC4C1 amp
            Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

I'm starting to get some stale requests answered from the past few days. Maybe they'll get back up to speed.

Comment

I'm starting to get some stale requests answered from the past few days. Maybe they'll get back up to speed.

Here too.

Maybe we give them less credit than they deserve and they can smell the tire kickers, I know I've sent a few requests just to see what they come back with
                My Gear
                Schecter Corsair
                TelePartsCaster x3
                Dano Convertible

Taylor 114
                Gretsch Americana

Vox Pathfinder 15R
                Vox VT15
                Fender SCXD
                Yamaha THR5

For Sale:
                Duncan Pickups

BG Pups Tele Set

Looking For:
                Vox AC4C1 amp
                Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

Comment

And that is the bottom line. It is like someone that complains that McDonald's screwed up their $0.99 cheeseburger. It is $0.99 for a reason. You can either deal with the way they do business to get your $0.99 cheeseburger or you can go somewhere else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my suggestion is if you don't like the way you are being treated or the deal you are getting, go somewhere else. I realize there can be snags and hassles in the process of getting M123 to honor their policy but it is my choice to deal with it or go somewhere else. Lately, I've decided to go other places for a myriad of reasons. Although, I just bought a Squier Jaguar HH for $130 and a BC Rich Mockingbird bass for $150 from (neck through classic series model that was priced at $699). You won't hear me complaining that I had to reply to them and call in on one occasion. I also am sitting on about 10 pricematches that are >50% off regular price. I also had an instance where they were claiming Best Buy wasn't an authorized dealer back in August when I was staring at Fender's site showing them as such and guided the CSR to that page where he stated he didn't see Best Buy and when I asked him to read what he saw, he started listing off every thing but Best Buy. After two CSR's I told them I was done. It wasn't worth it at that point.

I do agree with you at what point does it become "not worth" as your time is more valuable than the hassle. However, at the same time, musiciansfriend and music123 aren't claiming to be providing the 99 cent cheeseburger within the instrument business. Rather, they both are trying to be the premier supplier of instruments. This isn't a "get what you pay for argument" this is an argument of receiving what is promised. MF and M123 can solve this very easily. They simply need to either honor their pricematches or refrain from offering one at all.
                  Guitars
                  Gibson SG Special
                  Washburn X50PROFE
                  Gibson BFG
                  Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

Heads
                  Mesa Dual Rec (three channel)
                  Mesa Stiletto Trident Deuce
                  Krank Chadwick series II
                  Bugera 6262

Cabs
                  VADER!

Great deals:
                  Paradisel0st, Dugzee, Bro Blue, Dirtypete, AdamofAngels, Yavin, Thesockmonster

Comment

They simply need to either honor their pricematches or refrain from offering one at all.

That's really the bottom line. I'd still shop at MF/M123 without the price match...but when they're trying to pull business away from the other guys by offering some pie in the sky guarantee, then they should damn well honor it...instead of sending lame BS replies like, "Amazon isn't an authorized Fender dealer, but we'd love to offer you 5% off your next purchase(only on certain brands)!"

Comment

I think Chris Baker is ignoring this thread.
                      NEWB since '09.

Comment

chbaker=MF, CRM123=M123 both named Chris. Both have similar sounding spiels when they respond to posts. Co-incidence, or not?

To be correct though, it would be CRM123 ignoring the thread, and not chbaker. chbaker has enough to deal with, with the MF 150% price guarantee GCs.

I think Chris Baker is ignoring this thread.

Comment

chbaker=MF, CRM123=M123 both named Chris. Both have similar sounding spiels when they respond to posts. Co-incidence, or not?

To be correct though, it would be CRM123 ignoring the thread, and not chbaker. chbaker has enough to deal with, with the MF 150% price guarantee GCs.

Chris Baker has been addressing both MF and M123 issues. I've only seen the other Chris once, and that was earlier in this thread. Chirp, chrip, fellas.

Once again, calling is the ONLY real way to get jack **************** done with these guys.
                          NEWB since '09.

Comment

They waited about 24 hours on two of my price-matches from jr.com, waited until the guitars were no longer in stock and then refused to honor the PM. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Comment

Calling is the only way with M123. I have accepted it as a fact of life.

They don't have your phone number red flagged like your email address. I explained that in another thread.

Comment

my email is not red flagged. I just got 2 price matches recently. One for the Akai pedal (but after I already ordered from MF) and another for a Dimarzio pickup. Just as you can read from this thread, M123 will wait until item is no longer on sale or in stock before replying to the price match a good % of the time, noted by many people in this forum.

They don't have your phone number red flagged like your email address. I explained that in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X