Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Trust me, I am much more civil on here then I am over the phone. In the words of the wise Judge Judy, I do not suffer fools well.
    1

    Comment


    • #17
      I think the best(and almost always the most effective) way to deal with people is through politeness...the CSR's probably make **************** wages and I can tell you, from being in customer service for over 20 years I go out of my way to help NICE people-even to the point of bending the rules if I can. When someone is demanding or comes off as a dick, most people in customer service would just as soon not have their business. We can flame M123 in particular for this, but it's the same scenario with virtually all retail businesses.



      At the same time, M123 and MF have caused a lot of this bull**************** themselves and it's really a shame...the ironic thing is-they're creating a lot more work(and thereby wasting more money) for themselves when people like me send in 5-10 pricematch requests, knowing that it'll take that many to get them to honor their guarantee.



      Chris Baker has been a big help-it's a shame everyone who works for MF and M123 don't have his patience. My advice...send in a bunch of pricematch requests and/or call if it's something you really want. Otherwise, take your business to Zzounds or Sweetwater-neither company has the same "guarantee" but I've found both easier to deal with and usually quicker to match prices.
      .

      Comment


      • #18
        Still no price match... absolutely lame...
        My Gear:
        2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
        2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
        Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
        2006 Fender American 60th Anniv. P-Bass
        Takamine acoustic

        Comment


        • #19
          Here too. And MF just responds asking me to call. I really don't feel like playing phone games for a few bucks.
          My Gear
          Schecter Corsair
          TelePartsCaster x3
          Dano Convertible

          Taylor 114
          Gretsch Americana

          Vox Pathfinder 15R
          Vox VT15
          Fender SCXD
          Yamaha THR5

          For Sale:
          Duncan Pickups

          BG Pups Tele Set

          Looking For:
          Vox AC4C1 amp
          Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

          Comment


          • #20
            My roadworn strat PM took two or three days. They came through though. The akai pedal was a day.
            --
            Wagdog
            Check out Lunar Commander on:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

            Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

            Free Fireworks Show for Android

            "Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
            - Joe Walsh


            Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

            Comment


            • #21
              Don't see why everyone is so scared to call. It takes 10 minutes.
              Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

              Comment


              • #22
                make sure to check your spam folder, alot mine go there for some reason.
                Originally Posted by Frets99


                All guitars cost $300.
                What you pay depends on the headstock.

                Comment


                • #23






                  Quote Originally Posted by anti-flag193
                  View Post

                  Don't see why everyone is so scared to call. It takes 10 minutes.




                  +1



                  Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.



                  The one nice thing about the emailed PM's is they are transferable... I benefitted from a forumite's efforts this very way a couple week's ago. Then earlier this week, I phoned in for an insane price match on a guitar case that M123 is going to lose money on. You guys can bash them, but I have gotten great service from M123.



                  Oh and what's up with not saying please and thank you??... that's not grovelling, it's basic civility.
                  Originally Posted by wedgehed II


                  Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

                  Comment


                  • #24






                    Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                    View Post

                    +1



                    Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.



                    The one nice thing about the emailed PM's is they are transferable... I benefitted from a forumite's efforts this very way a couple week's ago. Then earlier this week, I phoned in for an insane price match on a guitar case that M123 is going to lose money on. You guys can bash them, but I have gotten great service from M123.



                    Oh and what's up with not saying please and thank you??... that's not grovelling, it's basic civility.




                    what case was it? i'm looking for a tele case. And a les paul one actually XD.
                    Good trades with: Cadillacman, JW112, SPACECHARGE, rdm, killthehippies45, virtuzoso, KenSmith, Calazula

                    Comment


                    • #25






                      Quote Originally Posted by Naregnemyes
                      View Post

                      what case was it? i'm looking for a tele case. And a les paul one actually XD.




                      Yeah, do tell, I'm looking for a case too...

                      Comment


                      • #26






                        Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                        View Post

                        +1



                        Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.

                        .




                        I can tell you what is annoying about it. They have a feature on their website that basically says, "send in a price and we'll match it", but they don't.



                        Lately I've been getting no reply from m123 and mf sends a reply "oh hai sorry for the inconvenience, did you want a price match?"... Well, YES, that's what the email I sent to you says, doesn't it?



                        To me, It's bad customer service to offer a channel, then to ignore the request or after a day steer the customer to the phone. if you want us to call then don't offer a web channel that you neglect
                        My Gear
                        Schecter Corsair
                        TelePartsCaster x3
                        Dano Convertible

                        Taylor 114
                        Gretsch Americana

                        Vox Pathfinder 15R
                        Vox VT15
                        Fender SCXD
                        Yamaha THR5

                        For Sale:
                        Duncan Pickups

                        BG Pups Tele Set

                        Looking For:
                        Vox AC4C1 amp
                        Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          yes that's true, but knowing the nature of the beast, calling is much easier and faster.
                          Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

                          Comment


                          • #28






                            Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                            View Post

                            +1



                            Call me old-fashoned, but sending in mails then turning around to order on-line seems more time consuming than just calling and getting the whole transaction done without fretting over it like many of you seem to do.



                            The one nice thing about the emailed PM's is they are transferable... I benefitted from a forumite's efforts this very way a couple week's ago. Then earlier this week, I phoned in for an insane price match on a guitar case that M123 is going to lose money on. You guys can bash them, but I have gotten great service from M123.



                            Oh and what's up with not saying please and thank you??... that's not grovelling, it's basic civility.




                            Exactly!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I definitely call if I want something but in the past, it has taken me upwards of 30 minutes to get them to make the deal I want. I mean I literally sat on hold for 30 minutes once and spoke to two different people trying to show them on the Fender website that Best Buy is an authorized dealer. I though I was taking crazy pills because two CSR's (maybe a manager?) could not see what i was seeing. This is back in August so there is no busy holiday to blame and this was after two previous PM's through email where I responded back to them offering a screenshot of Fender's website. I ended up telling them forget it and bought the item from Best Buy.



                              I usually find that if I can send a pricematch through email, it takes about 30 seconds and then anywhere from a few hours or a few days to get a response. If someting had a short fuse on it (i.e. Amazon Lightning Deal), I would just call. That being said, because of that, I'd rather deal with places like Zzounds. They response usually within an hour or two and rarely give you some ridiculous response about why they aren't honoring their guarantee. That is because Zzounds doesn't make guarantees. They try to beat a price IF they can. Music123 just does business in a hokey way and it is great when it works out and frustrating other times. Last week I spent about 20 mins pricematching about 15 items. I'd say about 10 of them they came back with the right price off the bat so that is a definite improvement.



                              One of the funniest experiences I've had with Music123 was sending a pricematch and receiving the obligatory "Unfortunately, we can not beat that price blah blah blah... " only to look below and see the CSR had not only beat the price but beat it by a long shot.
                              Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

                              Comment


                              • #30






                                Quote Originally Posted by Meowy
                                View Post

                                I can tell you what is annoying about it. They have a feature on their website that basically says, "send in a price and we'll match it", but they don't.



                                Lately I've been getting no reply from m123 and mf sends a reply "oh hai sorry for the inconvenience, did you want a price match?"... Well, YES, that's what the email I sent to you says, doesn't it?



                                To me, It's bad customer service to offer a channel, then to ignore the request or after a day steer the customer to the phone. if you want us to call then don't offer a web channel that you neglect




                                This kind of thing is probably why I stay a little old school. Technology is supposed to make life simpler, but too often for me it's a pain in the arse.
                                Originally Posted by wedgehed II


                                Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X