Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MUSIC 123 ignoring price matches?

    Seriously...I've heard of this, but I sent in a price match last night, and still have not heard back from them. The item was on sale elsewhere, and I'm wondering if they just waited a while so it would be out of stock, and they could deny the price-match.



    Lame...
    My Gear:
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
    Takamine acoustic
    Fender P-Bass

  • #2
    I dont even attempt to buy there anymore- way too much hassle.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)</div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">NEWB since '09.</div>

      Comment


      • #4
        Getting an akai pedal?



        I've sent in two recently. Both took a day or two. Both came back with the expected pm and I ordered both.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">--<br />
        Wagdog<br />
        Check out Lunar Commander on:<br />
        <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-commander/id537292752?ls=1&amp;mt=8" target="_blank">iTunes App Store</a> <br />
        <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.lunarcommander" target="_blank">Google Play</a><br />
        <br />
        Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!: <br />
        <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-commander-lite/id541647543?ls=1&amp;mt=8" target="_blank">iTunes App Store</a><br />
        <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.lunarcommanderlite" target="_blank">Google Play</a> <br />
        <br />
        <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnnywag.freefireworksshow" target="_blank">Free Fireworks Show for Android</a><br />
        <br />
        &quot;Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by&quot;<br />
        - Joe Walsh<br />
        <br />
        <font size="1"><br />
        Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber<br />
        </font></div>

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
          View Post

          Getting an akai pedal?



          I've sent in two recently. Both took a day or two. Both came back with the expected pm and I ordered both.




          Same here....replied overnight (Saturday night); $19.10.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes they ignored mine, but I instead bought from musicians friend which is the same company... go figure.

            Comment


            • #7
              About a 25% success rate with them.

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by steve_man
                View Post

                Seriously...I've heard of this, but I sent in a price match last night, and still have not heard back from them. The item was on sale elsewhere, and I'm wondering if they just waited a while so it would be out of stock, and they could deny the price-match.



                Lame...




                On the RoadWorn '50s strats from Best Buy I submitted a match on the Sunday, and finally heard back on a Thursday. Ordered immediately and it finally arrived this Thursday. Actually, I changed the quantity from 1 to 2 and two arrived on Thursday.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Intonation? Intonation is on down the list of importance for me. At the top of the list of importance is The Guitar Must Look Good And Act As A Bitch Magnet.<br />
                -Reality Check (January 25, 2010)</div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  STILLLLLLL waiting for M123 for the Akai price match deal from a request sent 2 days ago. I said screw it and called MF and got the price match on the better Deluxe Distortion, and a promise for a $100 gift card, which I am sure they will weasel out of. Typical strategy of M123 is wait long enough for the competitors price to increase back to full price, or run out of stock, and then and only then will they price match the deal. I found this strategy is what they do for all the really good deals.
                  1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I(and probably a bunch of you) remember when M123 was an independent company-they seriously kicked MF's ass back in the day...



                    Now MF seems to be a lot more reasonable to deal with for some reason-which is weird cuz I know they're the same company and I get the feeling that the CSR's are the same people. In any case, I always send in 5-10 price match requests at the same time if it's something I really want...they will usually approve 2-3...the other 7-8 are all over the map.



                    Their failure to honor their own policies and guarantees has pushed me more and more towards Zzounds and Sweetwater-both of whom I've had good luck getting to price match stuff-plus, for guitars, Sweetwater includes a set-up and 2-year warantee.



                    GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEVER OVERRATED!!!!
                    .<p><img border="0" align="center" alt="blown away gif" src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6289iEEAF33ECECD246E7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&amp;px=-1" title="blown away gif"></p>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
                      View Post

                      STILLLLLLL waiting for M123 for the Akai price match deal from a request sent 2 days ago. I said screw it and called MF and got the price match on the better Deluxe Distortion, and a promise for a $100 gift card, which I am sure they will weasel out of. Typical strategy of M123 is wait long enough for the competitors price to increase back to full price, or run out of stock, and then and only then will they price match the deal. I found this strategy is what they do for all the really good deals.




                      Do you say "please" and "thank you" in your PM requests, or do you use the comment section provided to rip them? Over the last 2 days I have put in 4 requests, all have been responded to within an hour, including 1 this morning within a half hour.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wait, are you seriously grovelling for a price match by bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I please have another?" I have gotten price matches before, just not on the really good deals and not without sending in more than 1. The funny thing is getting different price matches for the same item by different customer service reps. Some will price match it to M123s price which is hundreds of dollars more than the competitors price and no mention of them not being able to match their price or here is one I forgot, they will say, "the link provided does not have the item for price matching" but if I copy and paste the same link that they quoted from my price request it goes right to the Sam Ash site or Sweetwater site no problem. The insult to injury is when they have a price match with their normal price, which to me is like them flipping the bird at me for even daring to price match them.









                        Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow
                        View Post

                        Do you say "please" and "thank you" in your PM requests, or do you use the comment section provided to rip them? Over the last 2 days I have put in 4 requests, all have been responded to within an hour, including 1 this morning within a half hour.




                        1

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
                          View Post

                          Wait, are you seriously grovelling for a price match by bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I please have another?" I have gotten price matches before, just not on the really good deals and not without sending in more than 1. The funny thing is getting different price matches for the same item by different customer service reps. Some will price match it to M123s price which is hundreds of dollars more than the competitors price and no mention of them not being able to match their price or here is one I forgot, they will say, "the link provided does not have the item for price matching" but if I copy and paste the same link that they quoted from my price request it goes right to the Sam Ash site or Sweetwater site no problem. The insult to injury is when they have a price match with their normal price, which to me is like them flipping the bird at me for even daring to price match them.




                          They probably have your email address flagged. When they see a request from you, they go



                          Then



                          Then delay it,trash it, or come back with something just to piss you off.



                          That's what I would do anyway.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They need to FIRE employees like this. If you were one of THOSE type of employees, your ass would be gone.









                            Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow
                            View Post

                            They probably have your email address flagged. When they see a request from you, they go



                            Then



                            Then delay it,trash it, or come back with something just to piss you off.



                            That's what I would do anyway.




                            1

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
                              View Post

                              They need to FIRE employees like this. If you were one of THOSE type of employees, your ass would be gone.




                              I forgot to add one thing. If I were them, after you, I would run over to HCEG to see you .

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X