Reverend Sensei

kit_strong

• Members

Has anyone tried one of these beauties yet? It looks like Joe Naylors take on the SG and I for one think its hot. If I ever decide I need a double cutaway guitar in my stable it could likely be the #1 contender.

Although I'm not sure if I'd go with the Sensei-HBl

sensei_hb_fm_faded.jpg

or the Sensei 290

sensei_290_wine.jpg

I wish they had videos up for all their newer models. The most recent video is for the Gil Paris model which came out a couple of years ago.

• Members

Those are definitely sweet looking. I love my Jetstream 390. The other Reverend's I've played have been great as well. Can't really go wrong with any Reverend IMO.

Agree 100%. I have a flatrock that I love. It doesn't get played quite as much as my much pricier Virage but I show it some love most days.

• Members

Offspring of Roundhouse and Daredevil . . . meh.

I have had two MIK Reverends (Daredevil P90 and Flatroc) and while I have nothing bad to say about them, there was nothing magical about them either. My Slingshot Jr. though has been in the "never sell" pile from the day I got it.

• Members

Cool guitars, as are most Reverends.

But "Sensei" would have been a much more awesome name if this model was made in Japan.

Like Agile, Reverend has all their guitars made by an unspecified Korean factory.

I love both of my Reverends never owned a set neck rev though. Joe Naylor's wife is a martial arts instructor pretty sure that's were the name came from.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

OK, I'm a bit late to the party here (6 months post-post). I just ordered my Sensei HB-FM and should get it next week. I'm a strat player and have been craving the HB sound. I'm pretty finicky when it comes to guitars. I'll post a follow-up mini review in a few weeks.

• Members

Offspring of Roundhouse and Daredevil . . . meh.

I have had two MIK Reverends (Daredevil P90 and Flatroc) and while I have nothing bad to say about them, there was nothing magical about them either. My Slingshot Jr. though has been in the "never sell" pile from the day I got it.

I've got a black Daredevil P90 that's my #1. A single bridge p90 never cut it for me (sold a nice sg jr to fund the rev). Easiest guitar I've owned to make sound good. Different strokes.

• Members

Like most, the Rev's look better in person or being played I think. Flatrock = win. Had a discontinued LP shape one that looked great, and a V shape that looked great for a V. But Some of them are less pleasing than those...

Archived