Best deal on a new American Standard Strat?

joeybsyc

• Members

I keep reading about the guy who got a brand new 2012 American Standard Strat for 691.00 and have been jonesin' to buy myself a "brand new" American Strat ever since.   I haven't bought a "new" Strat in many years, and am becoming very frustrated in my search.  It seems everyone has them listed at 1099.00, with no discounts to be seen.  I found one on hellomusic for 839.00 and while that's a far cry from 691.00 I was going to buy it via a "beat this price" deal through music123.com, as I have bought other gear from them in the past with good results.   When I sent them the price match I got a reply stating that they would not honor a match or beat the price because HM is not an authorized Fender dealer.  I ended up buying a used Strat on ebay out of frustration, but still find myself yearning for a "Brand new" American Standard in Jade Pearl... I just feel like I'm a "sucker" overpaying for a guitar someone else bought for hundreds less.   Is there a coupon code or discount anywhere that anyone here knows of where i could get a "leftover" 2012 new strat for less than a thousand bucks??

• Members

Oh I have no regrets about buying the used guitar i bought... I just got really excited about the thought of getting a "brand new" 2012 Strat and got the impression there were deals to be had on leftover stuff, seeing how the 2013s are now out.   I am just frustrated that when i went looking, I couldn't find any of the deals i heard of others being able to get.   2012's are the same price they have been all year at any of the places i could find.

• Members

joeybsyc wrote:

I keep reading about the guy who got a brand new 2012 American Standard Strat for 691.00 and have been jonesin' to buy myself a "brand new" American Strat ever since...

...I just feel like I'm a "sucker" overpaying for a guitar someone else bought for hundreds less...

As long as you allow yourself to feel like a sucker you will not have the guitar that you want.

Don't worry about the price, buy the guitar you want. You will end up spending the money on something else anyway.

Did your used ebay strat cost much? If you added the price of that to the 691.00 does it equal or surpass the hellomusic price of the guitar you really want?

• Members

best thing you could do is find a good coupon (15% off or more), and go to a Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc., that has a good selection of Strats.  Play them all.  Find the one that speaks to you, and get it.  Even if you pay a bit more, it'll be a keeper.

• Members

Buying a brand new Strat means taking a hit financially but if you want a brand new guitar and have the excess cash, well that's what you want.

I bought both my EJ and my Epi acoustic brand new a few years ago, so if I want or need to sell em, I'll take a hit but as much as I love those guitars, I'll own em until I need $$$ for food. OTOH, I've purchased three or four used ones via Ebay and auctions, that I'm just as fond of but those would somehow be easier to let go, because I would feel that I wasn't  "losing" as much $$$. Of course tthats just a mind game. Right? .

OTOH, I travel a lot, so I see what our world is like in other places and it has caused me to understand how blessed most of us are, with our warm homes, cars, cell phones, etc, etc. Therefore, I feel pretty rich and try to appreciate what I have. I could easily get down to one guitar and be perfectly happy.

To get back t the subject...

Truth is, with all of the nice instruments being dumped right now, I'll probably never buy another new instrument. Matter of fact, I'm surprised, considering the economy and the number of instruments being pumped out, that anyones buying new guitars! 

If you can't get real, try to be realistic!. Loll!!

MMOK

• Members

onelife wrote:

joeybsyc wrote:

I keep reading about the guy who got a brand new 2012 American Standard Strat for 691.00 and have been jonesin' to buy myself a "brand new" American Strat ever since...

...I just feel like I'm a "sucker" overpaying for a guitar someone else bought for hundreds less...

As long as you allow yourself to feel like a sucker you will not have the guitar that you want.

Don't worry about the price, buy the guitar you want. You will end up spending the money on something else anyway.

Did your used ebay strat cost much? If you added the price of that to the 691.00 does it equal or surpass the 
hellomusic 
price of the guitar you really want?

Well, I tried repeatedly to get the same deal JT got, but even with his order number I can't get anyone on the other end of the phone to sell me one for that price.  It's very frustrating as it seems everyone I talk to gives me a totally different story, and reason why they won't match it.  I had my credit card ready, and told them I was willing to buy from whatever stock they had... but ended up getting nowhere every time.  The "Best" price they would offer was literally well over 200.00 beyond what he paid just 3 weeks ago.  I guess it's just not meant to be... at 691 or even 700 i'd be buying a new strat, but not at 900+... especially for a "leftover" 2012 when the '13s are already shipping.  There mustn't be any urgency for any of these dealers to move their old stock I guess, which is a shame because I'm ready and willing to buy, I just can't see paying 240.00 more for the same guitar at the same place as someone else did.  I told them that too, but no one seemed to care.   Looks like I'll continue to buy my strats used, and congratulate the folks who can successfully get a price match deal through music123.com.   I sure couldn't.

Archived