The "quick guide to new HCEG" thread

Jkater

• Members

Well, I need one so I'm starting one.

I can't post pics. don't know how things work and if there are new usable features that are an improvement on the the old forum, I don't know what they are so I can't yet enjoy them.

So here it is: tell us how to post pics, clips, quotes and whatnot and please, explain it like you'd do with a ten year old because I'm pretty dumm.

Thanks.

• Members

In this new format, everything must be done from the text edit window. You get there by clicking "Reply". If you want to quote a post you must click "Reply" from within that post. The "Quote" button appears once you are in the text edit screen.

If you want to post a picture you click the "Insert/edit image" button (from inside the text edit window) and you have the option to Browse your computer drive(s) or select an image from another site. You must provide an Image Title in order for the system to accept it.

Quoting is a bit messy and it helps if you use the HTML tab in the text edit window when you want to clean it up.

• Members

To make paragraphs that are separated by a space and not ending up stringed together horizontally, you have to write it in "rich text". now I click "enter" to test it:

Works?

I wrote a long PM to someone and all my entries and paragraph became a big block that was hard to read. I think because I wrote it in "HTML".

Archived