Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grestch, Vox and Luther Overdrive Demo

Somebody asked a few days ago if I had a clip of the Luther Drive that I use for live work. I put this together this afternoon using Garage Band and iMovie on my iPad. The first part is just the amp; then the Luther Drive kicks in so you can hear what it does. It's very transparent and retains the sound of both the guitar and the amp. There are other pedals that do just that, but this one was less than $100. The new one has an added loud switch which brings the price up to $117.

docjeffrey wrote:

Somebody asked a few days ago if I had a clip of the Luther Drive that I use for live work. I put this together this afternoon using Garage Band and iMovie on my iPad. The first part is just the amp; then the Luther Drive kicks in so you can hear what it does. It's very transparent and retains the sound of both the guitar and the amp. There are other pedals that do just that, but this one was less than $100. The new one has an added loud switch which brings the price up to $117.

thank you for posting this, doc.  i had asked you in another thread if you had a clip.  the pedal sounds great.  to my ear, it's very transparent overall but with a touch of girth.  i like what it does to the tubes in that clip.  

INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• docjeffrey
      docjeffrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Grwat Dane. Yeah, it's a good pedal for the price. He uses Switchcrafr, Sprague, etc.--decent quality parts, and it's true bypass. It's perfect with my Vox amps because it doesn't change the Voxey midrange or kill the top end.

Another effective demo. The Luther sounds cool!

Comment

• Strung_Out
      Strung_Out commented
      Editing a comment

I always love your demos, Doc.

They always sound great and I dig the fact that they're straight forward playing rather than a bunch of soloing.

Working...
X