Does anyone make a little stereo, 2-12 or 2-10 amp...

MrKnobs

• Moderators

... that is suitable for playing a modeler though?  In other words nothing but speakers and amp, no need for a preamp.  Something I can plug my Roland VG-88 into and play in stereo.

Roland makes their legendary JC-120 with which I could use the back inputs, but $1200 and 62 lbs is kinda overkill for what I want to do.  I have one Tech21 Power Engine 60 which would work well using two of them, but it would be nice to have just one stereo amp.

Any ideas?

Terry D.

• Members

You can use a Cyber-Twin which is a lot easier to carry around than a JC120.

I'm not sure how much a used C-T sells for these days but it would be a nice amp to have on it's own as well as for your VG-88. It's much more versatile than the JC-120.

fwiw, I have both a Cyber-Twin and a JC-120 in my studio right now, along with an old Roland GR09, so I can do a direct comparison if you would like.

• Moderators

onelife wrote:

You can use a Cyber-Twin which is a lot easier to carry around than a JC120.

I'm not sure how much a used C-T sells for these days but it would be a nice amp to have on it's own as well as for your VG-88. It's much more versatile than the JC-120.

fwiw, I have both a Cyber-Twin and a JC-120 in my studio right now, along with an old Roland GR09, so I can do a direct comparison if you would like.

The Cyber- Twin looks like it would do the job, but it's a bit heavy and pricey for this application.  I'm not poor, but I like to carry the lightest, least expensive but reliable stuff possible on my tours as (a) I'm getting old and (b) stuff tends to disappear.  This next tour for us is high risk on the theft dept.

T.

• Moderators

Mister Zero wrote:

used Fender Princeton Chorus 2x10 or Ultimate Chorus 2x12

under $300

I just downloaded the manual for the Princeton Chorus 2x10 from the Fender site.  Looks like there's a stereo input that would work.  Are these things really that inexpensive now?

*** checks Ebay **

Terry D.

• Moderators

Thanks everyone for all the excellent suggestions. :)

I have a short fuse on this before our S. Texas tour begins, so my short term solution was to buy a little used Crate Powerblock.  I have a MosValve rack amp I use with my guitar rig but lately it's been getting pressed into service to power monitor speakers as my singer has no monitor system.  I *think* the little Powerblock will power my two passive wedges well enough to get us through these shows.  If not, I'm also taking some IEM systems (which are illegal now). 

After that I might spring for the Rocktron Velocity 300 rack unit.  I'm going to press my singer to purchase a powered monitor with all the money she makes from this tour which should resolve my problem.

Thanks again for all your suggestions, I looked into every single one of them. :)

Terry D.

Archived