Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Does anyone make a little stereo, 2-12 or 2-10 amp...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone make a little stereo, 2-12 or 2-10 amp...

... that is suitable for playing a modeler though?  In other words nothing but speakers and amp, no need for a preamp.  Something I can plug my Roland VG-88 into and play in stereo.

Roland makes their legendary JC-120 with which I could use the back inputs, but $1200 and 62 lbs is kinda overkill for what I want to do.  I have one Tech21 Power Engine 60 which would work well using two of them, but it would be nice to have just one stereo amp.

Any ideas?

Terry D.

Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

You can use a Cyber-Twin which is a lot easier to carry around than a JC120.

I'm not sure how much a used C-T sells for these days but it would be a nice amp to have on it's own as well as for your VG-88. It's much more versatile than the JC-120.

fwiw, I have both a Cyber-Twin and a JC-120 in my studio right now, along with an old Roland GR09, so I can do a direct comparison if you would like.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

• MrKnobs
      MrKnobs commented
      Editing a comment

onelife wrote:

You can use a Cyber-Twin which is a lot easier to carry around than a JC120.

I'm not sure how much a used C-T sells for these days but it would be a nice amp to have on it's own as well as for your VG-88. It's much more versatile than the JC-120.

fwiw, I have both a Cyber-Twin and a JC-120 in my studio right now, along with an old Roland GR09, so I can do a direct comparison if you would like.

The Cyber- Twin looks like it would do the job, but it's a bit heavy and pricey for this application.  I'm not poor, but I like to carry the lightest, least expensive but reliable stuff possible on my tours as (a) I'm getting old and (b) stuff tends to disappear.  This next tour for us is high risk on the theft dept.

T.

used Fender Princeton Chorus 2x10 or Ultimate Chorus 2x12

under $300

<div class="signaturecontainer">G&amp;L USA Legacy (Lace Hot Golds)<br>Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute 60's (490R &amp; 498T)<br>Marshall Haze 40<br>BBE Ben Wah<br>Yamaha FG730S</div>

Comment

• onelife
      onelife commented
      Editing a comment

Mister Zero wrote:

Do they have stereo line level power amp inputs?

The only one I'm certain that does is the Ultimate Chorus DSP (with a single 1/4" TRS input jack).

• MrKnobs
      MrKnobs commented
      Editing a comment

Mister Zero wrote:

under $300

I just downloaded the manual for the Princeton Chorus 2x10 from the Fender site.  Looks like there's a stereo input that would work.  Are these things really that inexpensive now?

*** checks Ebay **

Terry D.

I think the Fender Mustang IV has a stereo loop, you could use the return.

Comment

I run my Tonelab in stereo into my ART Attack 2x8" stereo combo. It has left and right inputs that bypass the preamp section and it has a TRS stereo line-out.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
      <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
      -For Sale: <br />
      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

• MrKnobs
        MrKnobs commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks everyone for all the excellent suggestions.

I have a short fuse on this before our S. Texas tour begins, so my short term solution was to buy a little used Crate Powerblock.  I have a MosValve rack amp I use with my guitar rig but lately it's been getting pressed into service to power monitor speakers as my singer has no monitor system.  I *think* the little Powerblock will power my two passive wedges well enough to get us through these shows.  If not, I'm also taking some IEM systems (which are illegal now). 

After that I might spring for the Rocktron Velocity 300 rack unit.  I'm going to press my singer to purchase a powered monitor with all the money she makes from this tour which should resolve my problem.

Thanks again for all your suggestions, I looked into every single one of them.

Terry D.

Working...
    X