Hot or Not? February 2nd

GreatDane

• Members

v

Reverend Spy

"The trem-equipped Spy bears the most comparison to the Danelectros and Strats which inspired the Reverend line. It did full justice to Kent Armstrong's lipstick tube pickups, revealing all the piano-like ring they're capable of in clean settings as well as that sought-after high-mid grind which slightly overdriven amps pull from them. The five position selector switch allows for near-Strat notch tones with gobs of warm bottom and a touch of quack. The tremolo system was a thing of beauty and a joy to wiggle. Chunky yet old-school in design, my guess is that it's designed by whoever did the Paul Reed Smith tremolos. If you've ever dropped the tension with one of those babes, you'll know the feel: a perfectly set-up floating Strat that returns to pitch again and again." - Guitar World Magazine.

• Members

PurpleTrails wrote:

Meh.  Too much chrome, too art-deco, not enough controls, I worry about upper fret access playing up the neck.  It wouldn't be my choice for an offset style guitar.

You, my friend, sound like a perfect candidate for the Mockingbird posted a few days ago!

• Members

The "hot or not" concept isnt new or different. I saw it done at wein's, as well as TGP and have posted several of my own on this forum over the years before even visiting weins. Hopefully people can dig it for what it is. Just trying to help keep us looking at guitars.

Archived