Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Hot or Not? February 2nd

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not? February 2nd

v

Reverend Spy

"The trem-equipped Spy bears the most comparison to the Danelectros and Strats which inspired the Reverend line. It did full justice to Kent Armstrong's lipstick tube pickups, revealing all the piano-like ring they're capable of in clean settings as well as that sought-after high-mid grind which slightly overdriven amps pull from them. The five position selector switch allows for near-Strat notch tones with gobs of warm bottom and a touch of quack. The tremolo system was a thing of beauty and a joy to wiggle. Chunky yet old-school in design, my guess is that it's designed by whoever did the Paul Reed Smith tremolos. If you've ever dropped the tension with one of those babes, you'll know the feel: a perfectly set-up floating Strat that returns to pitch again and again." - Guitar World Magazine.

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Smokin' hot

Comment

• Danhedonia
      Danhedonia commented
      Editing a comment

Tone Deaf wrote:
      Smokin' hot

+50.

Also: it's a Reverend.  How often do us owners have to tell you all - THEY'RE GREAT GUITARS.  

Uh, where do I buy one of these?

Art Deccocaster....

Like it.

<div class="signaturecontainer">From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums</div>

Comment

• richey888
      richey888 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ayuh.....me likey!

I love the body angles. I'd change the steps on the pickguard to a high radiused line. On the headstock too.

Hot.

************************************************** ******************************* **** Fender Stratopartscaster, Agile AD2300 with GFS Retrotron NY II pickups, Fender MIM Duo-Sonic.

Comment

• bjcarl
      bjcarl commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty much universally hot.

Only a hardcore hardtail purist would find it unhot.

Meh.  Too much chrome, too art-deco, not enough controls, I worry about upper fret access playing up the neck.  It wouldn't be my choice for an offset style guitar.

Comment

• bjcarl
      bjcarl commented
      Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

Meh.  Too much chrome, too art-deco, not enough controls, I worry about upper fret access playing up the neck.  It wouldn't be my choice for an offset style guitar.

You, my friend, sound like a perfect candidate for the Mockingbird posted a few days ago!

I'd hit it, no doubt.

Comment

most definitely hot.

Comment

• jrockbridge
        jrockbridge commented
        Editing a comment

Very nice!  " id="man" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_man-.png" alt=":man:" title="Man Very Happy" />

I look forward to these "Hot or Not' posts. Perhaps borrowed from Mark Wein? I'm not an offset kind of guy. Not hot.

Comment

The "hot or not" concept isnt new or different. I saw it done at wein's, as well as TGP and have posted several of my own on this forum over the years before even visiting weins. Hopefully people can dig it for what it is. Just trying to help keep us looking at guitars.
        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• BeanoBoy
          BeanoBoy commented
          Editing a comment

No disrespect intended. The first time I saw it done was at Mark's site. Keep 'em comin' please.

Working...
      X