A question about Hello Music

Acid Test

• Members

Acid Test wrote:

I just bought a guitar from Hello Music today. How long does it take for them to ship, usually? I know they were having some issues back some time ago.

I've had them ship the next day (guitar) to canceling an order that hadn't shipped after a month (pedal).

• Members

They buy lots (not as in "a bunch" but as in "quantities") of excess inventory from God knows who.

They are obviously selling off that lot that they've just purchased before they even receive it.  It usually takes a while, but it always arrives.

Up to 3 weeks has not been uncommon for me.

IMO, Hello Music is not usually all that great of a deal.  Sometimes they are, and it helps if there's a coupon you can use, but they have little customer service, they are not factory authorized dealers so the goods come with no factory warranties, and there's that wait.  You're out the money (they certainly seem to be oriented towards PayPal) while you're waiting for your item to ship.

So I feel like, if the deal is stellar, go for it and don't worry about the wait, just chill.  But if the savings is marginal over what you could get from an authorized dealer, then go with the peace of mind with buying from an authorized dealer.

Archived