What is the future of Gary Moore's guitars?

Wicked_Tone

• Members

I still can't believe Gary Moore is dead. I wonder now what will become of his guitar collection. I read a posting on his official website that he had recently bought some new guitars before he took a holiday to Spain with his girlfriend. I'm curious if Ronnie Montrose will try to purchase/claim the 1959 Les Paul that Gary supposedly has in his collection as Ronnie had filed a lawsuit against Gary back two years ago? If I had the cash, I would be keen to buy one of Gary's guitars.

• Members

In the absence of a will the probate court will most likely decide.

I will wager that the guitars of Gary Moore will not become probate court fodder. WAAAAAYYY too much value and historical significance there.

In addition to the alleged "Montrose Les Paul" Gary had some other very choice pieces. There will be some high offers. Gary's carer is about to enter a solid upward phase of popularity as various record and communication industries make their moves to cash in, or 'get while the gettin's good'. Barring any legal obstacles, Gibson will probably do more than only increase their MSRP on the Gary Moore BFG Les Paul. Many will be reminded of Moore by those who have a way figured out to profit from it.

If he wasn't already, Gary is about to become way too big for his gear to be surrendered.

• Members

I never said he didn't have a will, I said in the absence of one. If you haven't taken care of business in advance then the government has authority over the final disposition of your treasure/estate.

Understood. Hopefully he has a will so that his property is handled fairly.

• Members

I can't begin to think about the in fighting that could happen with GM's guitars/property.

My brother-in-law passed away from a long bout with ALS . He was a guitarist.

I visited my sister and I was cleaning up his guitars. There was a big deal by their 2 daughters (spoiled lazy brats) who were fighting over the guitars.

It's a nasty unpleasant situation.

• 1 year later...

Archived