Lets see your Fernandes Strats

Lonnie99

• Members

I found one similar to Fuzztone's (seafoam green) at a tag sale for $5. Needed new tuners and electronics. Neck was really nice quartersawn maple, but a touch too small for me. It's now one of my friend's favorite instruments.

• Members

I found one similar to Fuzztone's (seafoam green) at a tag sale for $5. Needed new tuners and electronics. Neck was really nice quartersawn maple, but a touch too small for me. It's now one of my friend's favorite instruments.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
Fuzztone has a Revival series, which prompted the Fender lawsuit. VERY good copies. Mine is identical other than the minor headstock change brought on by said lawsuit. Mine is the LS-1 model.
Yours is like Lee Ranaldo's.It's the same guitar as his.

gtr31d.jpg

gtr31k.jpg

gtr31e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The "hook-nosed" headstock variation was only made in 1985-'86. The saddles on this one are stamped "FSRG" (Fernandes Sound Research Group) and "The Revival." A prior owner was apparently embarrassed to have the Fernandes logo on the headstock so that was removed, but the "Limited Edition" designation was left intact. Fantastic strat.

IMG_3845_trimmed.jpgIMG_3848_back_trimmed.jpg
bb

• Members

A GREAT MIJ guitar, but not much resale.. I just let a near mint one go [LE1] with Copperhead pickups and OHSC... Got $175 and it was still a though sell even with $150 pickups in it.. A great strat, as good as any USA Fender.. I just have 2 other strats and since I don't play much these days, the Fernandes had to be cut

• Members

I've got one down in the basement that I picked up cheap...it's a great guitar though. iirc, I just bought the body and neck. I put on a gold aluminum p/g and a set of Robert Cray pickups. Unfortunately, I slapped on some cheap-O tuners that I had laying around and they don't work very well - that sorta keeps me from playing it much. I'll have to scrounge up some pix...

• Members

I picked this mid '90s LE-X up cheap in this condition.
Fernandes.jpg

I think everything but the relic job was original. Great neck and really nice articulate pickups.
I did a rattle can refinish and now it looks like this. It looks great from 5 feet away but up close not so much. The color is greener than it looks in the picture. For the $115 I have into it including paint I can't complain. It's a great player and a fun beater.
Fernandes2.jpg

• Members

That to me is the definitive Fernandes headstock. Not digging the hook nose or the later rounded version of this headstock. I have a FR-65 "super strat" in black. The Fernandes licensed Floyd Rose isn't too bad and the guitar just rocks!

Stock picture: vyjk1jxdpi3gze.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by richey888 View Post
Ferdie1.jpg

Dakota Red.....sweet strat!

• 2 months later...

Archived