Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see your Fernandes Strats

Hopefully picking up an 80s model Monday. If you've got one, lets see it.

I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

One of my biggest gear regrets is letting go of my 88 FR-55. Someday ill rectify.
    LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I have this one.

One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
      Three chords and you're into jazz
      - Lou Reed

Comment

Those both look awesome, guys!
        Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Those look lovely. I have a red one that plays and sounds great.

Comment

Anyone else?
            I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

I have a Silver one I think from the 90's.

Comment

I found one similar to Fuzztone's (seafoam green) at a tag sale for $5. Needed new tuners and electronics. Neck was really nice quartersawn maple, but a touch too small for me. It's now one of my friend's favorite instruments.

Comment

I found one similar to Fuzztone's (seafoam green) at a tag sale for $5. Needed new tuners and electronics. Neck was really nice quartersawn maple, but a touch too small for me. It's now one of my friend's favorite instruments.

Comment

Fuzztone has a Revival series, which prompted the Fender lawsuit. VERY good copies. Mine is identical other than the minor headstock change brought on by said lawsuit. Mine is the LS-1 model.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99
                      View Post

Fuzztone has a Revival series, which prompted the Fender lawsuit. VERY good copies. Mine is identical other than the minor headstock change brought on by said lawsuit. Mine is the LS-1 model.

Yours is like Lee Ranaldo's.It's the same guitar as his.

- Lou Reed

Comment

that strat that billie joe used to play in green day was teh fernandes.
                        Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
                        Youtube
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Picked up an LE1 today, popped the hood and found Texas Specials. Bonus!

Comment

The "hook-nosed" headstock variation was only made in 1985-'86. The saddles on this one are stamped "FSRG" (Fernandes Sound Research Group) and "The Revival." A prior owner was apparently embarrassed to have the Fernandes logo on the headstock so that was removed, but the "Limited Edition" designation was left intact. Fantastic strat.

bb

Comment

I used to have this one

- Lou Reed

Comment

Working...
                              X