No Cole Clark but new acoustic regardless...

billybilly

• Members

I ordered this Seagull Maritime SWS HG QI before I went shopping for Cole Clarks.  Well, it arrived yesterday and it's bloody good, not quite the complexity of sound I heard from the Cole Clarks but it's all solid wood and I only paid $385 bills for it brand new because it had a tiny scratch on the back.  If I decide to shell out more cash and buy a Cole Clark I can sell the Seagull down here for more than I paid for it... but it's growing on me.  I've been revisiting my acoustic Pink Floyd and Zepplin numbers.  The nut width is big (1.8, a hair over 45mm) but I think my big mitts can accommodate it, I put in an image of me holding a G and the nut width looks fine, I'll just have to get used to it.  String spacing at the bridge is 54mm or vintage if you will.  I like this spacing for finger picking.  Regardless, many pics...

wIMG\_2345.jpg

zIMG\_2328-001.jpgzIMG\_2321-001.jpgwIMG\_2371-001.jpgwIMG\_2386-001.jpgwIMG\_2382-001.jpg

• Members

Congrats on a great looking git.  You can't beat Seagulls.  Dollar for dollar, one of the top values in the lower to mid-level acoustics, nearly as good or as good as similarly priced Yamahas, but North American built.

Post some clips if you can.  I played a 12 string Seagull at a Guitar Center not long ago that was amazing for the price. 

• Members

Very nice! Seagull makes some very nice quality, yet affordable acoustic guitars. I really think they swooped in (pun intended) and occupied an otherwise absent market offering with their guitars.

But as far as bumping your thread, good luck with that. Since the forum makeover and the mass exodus, there isn't much of an appetite for acoustic NGD threads here these days. Hell, my new HD-28 thread last week barely got a sniff.

Congrats on the new acoustic! 

• Members

Beautiful. i have tried a few Seaguls that were worth more than the price tag suggested. What's the body wood? It's nice. looks like walnut on one pic and mahogany on the other (flash?). You must have big mits indeed because on the G chord pic, the neck looks small.

• Members

Jkater wrote:

Beautiful. i have tried a few Seaguls that were worth more than the price tag suggested. What's the body wood? It's nice. looks like walnut on one pic and mahogany on the other (flash?). You must have big mits indeed because on the G chord pic, the neck looks small.

Yep, it's just the flash.  It's mahogany back, sides and neck with spruce top and rosewood board.  Cheers.

Archived