Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

No Cole Clark but new acoustic regardless...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Cole Clark but new acoustic regardless...

I ordered this Seagull Maritime SWS HG QI before I went shopping for Cole Clarks.  Well, it arrived yesterday and it's bloody good, not quite the complexity of sound I heard from the Cole Clarks but it's all solid wood and I only paid $385 bills for it brand new because it had a tiny scratch on the back.  If I decide to shell out more cash and buy a Cole Clark I can sell the Seagull down here for more than I paid for it... but it's growing on me.  I've been revisiting my acoustic Pink Floyd and Zepplin numbers.  The nut width is big (1.8, a hair over 45mm) but I think my big mitts can accommodate it, I put in an image of me holding a G and the nut width looks fine, I'll just have to get used to it.  String spacing at the bridge is 54mm or vintage if you will.  I like this spacing for finger picking.  Regardless, many pics...

wIMG\_2345.jpg

zIMG\_2328-001.jpgzIMG\_2321-001.jpgwIMG\_2371-001.jpgwIMG\_2386-001.jpgwIMG\_2382-001.jpg

Attached Files
    One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

I'm sorrybumping myself hereit's a nice guitar!

One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

• larry50
      larry50 commented
      Editing a comment

Congrats on a great looking git.  You can't beat Seagulls.  Dollar for dollar, one of the top values in the lower to mid-level acoustics, nearly as good or as good as similarly priced Yamahas, but North American built.

Post some clips if you can.  I played a 12 string Seagull at a Guitar Center not long ago that was amazing for the price. 

• Tone Deaf
      Tone Deaf commented
      Editing a comment

Very nice! Seagull makes some very nice quality, yet affordable acoustic guitars. I really think they swooped in (pun intended) and occupied an otherwise absent market offering with their guitars.

But as far as bumping your thread, good luck with that. Since the forum makeover and the mass exodus, there isn't much of an appetite for acoustic NGD threads here these days. Hell, my new HD-28 thread last week barely got a sniff.

Congrats on the new acoustic! 

Beautiful. i have tried a few Seaguls that were worth more than the price tag suggested. What's the body wood? It's nice. looks like walnut on one pic and mahogany on the other (flash?). You must have big mits indeed because on the G chord pic, the neck looks small.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

Jkater wrote:

Beautiful. i have tried a few Seaguls that were worth more than the price tag suggested. What's the body wood? It's nice. looks like walnut on one pic and mahogany on the other (flash?). You must have big mits indeed because on the G chord pic, the neck looks small.

Yep, it's just the flash.  It's mahogany back, sides and neck with spruce top and rosewood board.  Cheers.

that looks great... really nice looking guitar

i've heard good things about seagulls but i've never tried one

Comment

Working...
    X