No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Post Wh@re threads?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rosenbomb
    started a topic Your thoughts on Post Wh@re threads?

Your thoughts on Post Wh@re threads?

A post whore thread is pretty much a meaningless thread that is created to allow a small clique of users a vehicle to inflate their post counts.  It runs page after page of irrelevant banter that serves the broader community no purpose, but it does serve to bolster this small group's post counts, which I assume is suppose to bolster ones perceived authority on a message board.

1st world problem, I know.

Not a big deal, right?  When a forum provides the option for users to rate these threads, they usually fall in the 1 to 2 star category, and I think most people see it for what it is.

My only gripe comes in when said post whores main contribution to the forum is whore posting negative comments about the forum, demonizing this forum's members with a broad brush on other forums, and encouraging members to jump this ship to join said other forum (where they are post whores as well). 

My point is this, I'm all for shutting down post whore threads, epessally when they become hostile to the fourm that supports them.

Feel free to kudo if you agree, and share your take on the matter.

m

Attached Files

• Frets99
    replied

hmmm

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jelloman
    replied
    Whhy bother with this now? The threads in questio have basically been rendered dormant by the present circumstances...

Leave a comment:

• Elias Graves
    replied
    I, for one, hope this **************** gets sorted out. I miss HCEG's raucous nature.

Leave a comment:

• Kevman
    replied
    Haterz gun hatez

Leave a comment:

• Elias Graves
    replied
    You assume that anyone participating in those threads actually cares about a post count.
    I see them more as a place where friends shoot the ****************. Kinda like hangin at the bar.
    But with no booze. Which is unfortunate.

Leave a comment:

• WannaStrat
    replied
    The whore posts are easy enough to ignore, since there isn't anything worthwhile in them anyway.

I've seen the other thing you mention as well, where someone here will cry over the lost sense of community but trash HC totally on other forums. Seen them tell people to stay away from this forum as well.

Don't understand. If they don't like this forum, why do they come here and why do they tell others to stay away? Are they hoping this forum will die?

Thing is, some of those posters are super popular with huge post counts so calling them out wont do much good.

Leave a comment:

• SGRocker30
    replied

As a man with a somewhat reasonable post count, I feel comfortable telling you "relax". 

Leave a comment:

Working...
X